(10-12-2006) Bono set to expand AIDS project here - Chicago Tribune*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono set to expand AIDS project here

By James Warren, Mark Caro

Bono, with the help of some equally famous friends and top business leaders, is expected to announce here Thursday the expansion to America of his creative corporate partnership, known as Product Red, to assist AIDS victims in Africa.

Whether it snows or not, Oprah Winfrey, Mick Jagger and Penelope Cruz plan on surfacing on Michigan Avenue with the U2 frontman to announce that Schaumburg-based Motorola, the Gap, Armani and the Converse athletic shoe company will introduce products and full clothing lines whose purchase will assist African AIDS relief.

Motorola and American Express were key initial partners but, so far, their efforts have been limited to the United Kingdom. Now, products from Motorola, Gap, Armani and Converse will be available throughout the U.S. The lines will be revealed in Chicago.

"I'm very happy to be here for that because I think that's something that's going to help in a tremendous way," Cruz said Wednesday afternoon at her Chicago hotel.

Copyright © 2006, Chicago Tribune
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...2,1,544924.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

HelloAngel said:
Bono set to expand AIDS project here

By James Warren, Mark Caro

Whether it snows or not, Oprah Winfrey, Mick Jagger and Penelope Cruz plan on surfacing on Michigan Avenue with the U2 frontman to announce that Schaumburg-based Motorola, the Gap, Armani and the Converse athletic shoe company will introduce products and full clothing lines whose purchase will assist African AIDS relief.

D*mn, B on Michigan Avenue -- and I'm heading out to work. Ugh... Just my luck.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I was going to DRIVE to Chicago this morning for maybe getting chance to catch this...but now I'm figuring I'm going to miss it! I'm 3 hours away and it's 10 am now. DAMN for not following my gut!

Back
Top Bottom