(10-12-2005) U2 and OOTS in New Apple Commercial - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 and OOTS in New Apple Commercial

At an invitation only Apple event at the California Theater in San Jose today, Steve Jobs introduced a new U2 commercial promoting the new iPod with video capability, and new iTunes 6 with $1.99 music videos. The song in the commercial is "Original of the Species" live from Chicago. The clip is crisp quality of the performance that slowly zooms out to reveal it's playing on an iPod.

To view the ad, go here.

Thanks Jason!

Last edited:
They should take the money, and then use that money to make concert tickets lower in price and people will love them more then we already do now.

..when bono saw this ipod commercial he said; Put away that fucking ipod! this is a rock concert!

...I made a funny.:wink:

Even though U2 is not taking any money for this, it still sucks to see one of their songs in a commercial.

Taking no money won't be an excuse for some people to lash out.

:up: Bomb needed a boost, and if any song, Original should help promote the album.

MrBrau1 said:

Where does it say they took no $?

There hasn't been a quote about this particular commercial, however the band went on record about the Vertigo commercial saying they took no money from it. :shrug:

You can acutallly buy the entie OOTS live from chicago video off itunes now

*gasp*

While at the iTunes site checking out the new video ipod, I've noticed that there is no longer a link to "U2 iPod"

Has the Limited U2 Edition ipod finally reached it's limit?:yikes:

I haven't yet had the chance of getting one...:uhoh:

:EDIT:
Just read the thread in Everything you know is wrong, only to find that it is out of production. Don't mind this post :reject:

Last edited:
cool, i remember steve jobs saying at the U2 ipod introduction the OOTS was his favorite song.. Im sure thats no coincidence its the song in the commercial.

Who the hell wants to watch videos on a teeny, tiny screen? Ipods are nice, but this particular idea seems ridiculous to me. Or maybe I'm just old. :|

I guess I'm going to have to put up with seeing a U2 song in a new commercial every time Apple comes up with a new music-related product. Oh, well, at least they are music-related and I presume the band isn't making any $ on this either (aside from whatever extra sales of HTDAAB they get through greater exposure of OOTS, but since the album has already been out a year I can't imagine they can get much more mileage out of it than they already have).

Honestly,all this u2 on commercial crap is depressing. C'mon folks
do you really want that from u2?:shrug:

...If you do, don't goto town on me or anything,it's just my opinion.:wink:

Don't you love technology...you go out and pay a lot of $$$$ for the U2 i-pod, now they want you to now go and buy a video model for another $299......and gasoline is up to over $3.00 a gallon........then you can buy a new cell phone that will play web things, and then you go on to the next upgrade....and then you have no $$$$ left........great!

But it's good to see U2 would be available on video........I doubt that I would buy one though.

:huh:

cypress said:

Same here.. all I get is a white screen and the audio. Oh well, I'll have to wait until I see it on TV I guess. :(

you need to have the latest version of quicktime and itunes, I believe.

I can't watch it because I don't have Quicktime, and I can't download Quicktime because I have Windows 98. Apparantly Apple thinks it's too cool to have things that run on Windows 98 anymore.

And gas is down to about $2.30 here in Kansas.

Back
Top Bottom