(10-12-2005) Rush vs. Bono -- Salon.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That people are surprised that Rush Limbaugh would make such comments is what's funny. He has been making hateful comments about people for years. Thats his schtick. How he makes his living, being an ignorant, hypocritcal, hateful sloth that preys on the fears and prejudices of others.

lewis your whole point about not buying the disease concept of addiction just show s your lack of education....................on the subject. it is a chronic condition which without treatment will kill you no ifs and or buts, not to mention the genetic component. especiall with pain killers thousands get hooked without even trying and only taking it the way it was prescribed. So just because someone becomes addicted has nothing to do with vaues or class, those are american values not hate mongering, and there is some difference as someone getting hooked on a major pain killer versus going out and smoking crack daily. That is the problem, many people become addicted without even doing anything wrong

Rush Limbaugh should be forced to spend the rest of his life in a run-down neighborhood in the ghetto of some big city just to teach him just how incredibly wrong he is about the world. He is truly clueless, classless and ignorant.

MrsSpringsteen said:
just wondering..why is this posted in the news section if threads about it elsewhere are being closed because talking about their private lives/marriages isn't allowed?

This was selected for posting not because of the questions raised about Bono's fidelity but because it's about a brewing, one-sided feud between Rush and Bono.

I wonder how much I could get for an eBay auction:

"Rush Limbaugh ass whooping - Free shipping!"

:hmm:

BOYO3221 said:
lewis your whole point about not buying the disease concept of addiction just show s your lack of education....................on the subject. it is a chronic condition which without treatment will kill you no ifs and or buts, not to mention the genetic component. especiall with pain killers thousands get hooked without even trying and only taking it the way it was prescribed. So just because someone becomes addicted has nothing to do with vaues or class, those are american values not hate mongering, and there is some difference as someone getting hooked on a major pain killer versus going out and smoking crack daily. That is the problem, many people become addicted without even doing anything wrong

so what about your defense against what else lewis said. is rush a hypocrit? is it true that he has personally slammed drug abusers?

and i think in being born with AIDS you have less of a choice than choosing to pop a fecking pill. so i don't know if i can agree with you on that comparrison either.

yeah okay, with that said
i can't help but be a little amused when conservatives get busted for this kinda stuff (drugs, sex scandals) spend all thier time preaching morallity and then they eat their words.
addicts and adultarists don't bother me as much as addicts and adultarists who are also hypocrits. i don't know about you.

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:

This was selected for posting not because of the questions raised about Bono's fidelity but because it's about a brewing, one-sided feud between Rush and Bono.

But people are talking about the fidelity issue anyway, in this thread and in the retraction thread here. I understand what you're saying and I'm not trying to be a pain :) but.. :huh:

thanks for answering my question anyway dsmith :)

Three words:

Ox See Contin now that's a pretty bad Mistress right there. Wasn't it Rush who said while downing his drug of choice that all Drug Dealers and Users should be "put away forever"?

Things that make you go HHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM:scratch:

zooperson said:

yeah okay, with that said
i can't help but be a little amused when conservatives get busted for this kinda stuff (drugs, sex scandals) spend all thier time preaching morallity and then they eat their words.
addicts and adultarists don't bother me as much as addicts and adultarists who are also hypocrits. i don't know about you.

A married person who has sex with someone other than his or her spouse is an adulterer. That said, I totally agree with your sentiment.

I would like to believe Bono isn't an adulterer. He's been with the same intelligent, attractive woman since he was 17, and been married to her since they were in their 20s. Unlike a few dozen other rock stars you and I can think of, there's no hard evidence of Bono cavorting with groupies, having illegitmate children, or doing much of anything (beyond flirting, drinking champagne, and dancing onstage) with women who are not his wife.

I'd like to agree with Al Franken and say Rush is a big fat idiot. Actually, Rush is kind of smart: He knows what his Dittoheads and the conservatives of America want to hear. And he delivers it to them every weekday, accuracy and fairness be damned.

Rush who?!? Never heard of him and I don't wish to except to say that, he is obviously one insignificate and simple mined human being who doesn't know :censored: about Bono if he can come up with a statement like that!!:madspit:

One thing I learned....you ignore the ignorant.......you see these type of people make these type of degrading comments because well......they try to sell their cheap products to the unknowing......

but I agree..........:madspit:

PS: Don't tell my mentor I did that.....I'm trying to study wisdom but it is so difficult sometimes....

Rush Limbaugh...tsk, tsk...
The thing i'm worried about (and i know this is kind of selfish) is that, see, my grandpa is uber-conservative and i'm pretty sure he listens to Rush Limbaugh's show...and i'd bet most ppl. don't look at his website...i'm just a wee bit afraid that my grandpa will believe Limbaugh and then get on MY case for being a fan. (Don't get me wrong--My grandpa's okay most of the time.)

I was gonna say that Bono should sue Rush and give all the money gained thereof to starving kids in Africa, but since Limbaugh technically did take back what he said about the alleged mistress, i don't know.

Back
Top Bottom