(10-12-2005) Rush Retracts Bono Mistress Comments - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Rush Retracts Bono Mistress Comments

Interference reader Wyatt has let us know Rush Limbaugh had this to say, finally, during his broadcast:

"Okay, it's half mea culpa time and half going-to-cover-my-bets-the-other-way time. The person who confided in me long ago about the extramarital status of the rock 'n' roll super crooner Bono has just now sent me a clarifying note saying, "Ah, maybe that was just speculation. I wouldn't say it on the air."

I said, "Well, thanks for telling me this so many years ago -- definitively." But nevertheless I will retract it since I personally don't know it.

Frankly, it's rock 'n' roll. I can't imagine anybody being surprised, but that's compounding my error, and so I take that back, too."

Thanks Wyatt!

That was a situation that was meant to implode on Limbaugh.

Maybe this time he'll learn to keep his mouth shut. :ohmy:

I meant to say "next time maybe he'll learn to keep his mouth shut".

But probably not. :eyebrow:

Who cares if Bono is getting some on the side? No one should care. I mean, if he is, well, that's between he and his wife, but the press shouldn't get involved with people's private lives. Unfortunately, they do. And it's how news is.

*AS a side note, this was my 700th post. Wheee:)*

Rush is worse than a gossiping old tea granny! Nice trustworthy source... some friend from God knows where babbles something ages ago and THAT is what Rush believed (or wanted us to believe) was the gospel truth?! He is well on his way to being an "ubersexual" of the National Enquirer world:madspit: :mad: :censored:

What a complete fucking idiot.

I still do not think Bono should let this come to pass.

That man should bre removed from the public eye - social assassination.

I think Rush is a bit jealous of the B man...look at him and look at Bono. He wishes he could get a woman like Ali... He wishes he was adored by women half his age. So Rush is simply lashing out in the only way he knows how.

ramblin rose said:

What he said.

Yeah what they said X infinity!

This is for Rush
Sexe28.gif

Is this idiot still dating of all people Daryn Kagan from CNN? I know he was as of last year. I think the jerks just jealous cause he knows she nuts about the B man.

my step dad informs me last week that Bono has a mistress on the side that fallows him on tour. After I died laughing I ask him, "other than myself I don't know of anyone else. Where did you hear this?" All he responded with was "the radio." It all makes sense now.

Well, it's true he set off a bomb, and I think that was his intention,
If you look at the Internet news, it's all: "Bono cheated on his wife!", and the retraction is barely noted. I think this was deliberate on Limbaugh's part. Don't you think it's rather strange and unbelievable that two minutes after his slanderous remarks came the retraction? He knows that the average person sees (reads, hears) the "news", but rarely registers the retraction.
I think it was all deliberate, that he meant to slander Bono, but also to cover his arse. It's vile, and the damage has been well and truly done.

Back
Top Bottom