(10-11-2005) 'Bad' in NYC - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
'Bad' in NYC

Ed. Note -- It really was a fantastic show!

U2.com has posted the set list from last night's show. See below. U2.com's report here.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Still Haven’t Found
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you Can’t Make it on Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Yahweh
Bad

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1745

Last edited:
A great, great show. Great energy in the crowd, Bono was into it and Edge provided a tour de force.

Bono's gaffe during Pride was unique to see, and he bounced back strong. He sounded great overall.

It's a serious shame they weren't taping this one. Absolutely electric. It was the best of the eleven U2 shows I've seen over the years. Here's hoping the 11th and 14th are even better.

It's amazing what Bad can do to a show. Don't get me wrong, I had an amazing time last night, in some pretty decent seats...I got to hear ISHFWILF, which although some people are probably sick of, I'd never heard, so that was exciting; we got the rocking 1st encore; we got IWF AND Electric Co...but I swear, when Bono announced "this is 40" after doing ABOY and Yahweh, I couldn't help but give a mini pout (especially after the FABULOUS second encore of ABOY, Fast Cars, Original, 40 on Saturday), but when he said "...and Bad," the place just went NUTS! What a way to end the show! Oh, and thanks so much to the slew of people that left before the 2nd encore, allowing my friend and I to move down to some pretty kick ass seats for it!

Mac Phisto said:
Last night was the loudest a U2 crowd I've heard. The place was on fire.

It really was ridiculous!!! (But in an oh so good way!)...I don't know if it's just because I'm usually in the 400s and you can't feel it up there, but the stadium was shaking in several songs. Most notably Sunday Bloody Sunday. I noticed it here in particular, because I tried taking a picture, since it was so bright for this song, and I couldn't hold the camera still because the floor was shaking so much! I tried a couple of times and eventually gave up. It was really something!

Where´re Discotheque, Running To Stand Still, etc :sad:

what about playing Sunday Bloody Sunday as Pop Mart version, Edge solo :drool: ?

I don´t know, it´s really time for those long time awaited rare performances of Dirty Day, Acrobat, Mofo, etc, etc :drool: :drool: THAT WOULD BE A REALLY ROCKER SHOW :rockon:

I'm glad I'm not alone in saying this is one of the best U2 shows I've ever seen. This was my 56th in 22yrs and it was so good I cried!! A personal ambition to see the band in NYC came good and it really was something special. There was a vibe in the crowd and the band were flying off it - it was amazing.

That's the first time in ages I've seen a truly genuine encore - you could tell 40 was obviously totally unplanned - awesome!

Thanks boys

Thank you for making an old girl very happy.

:love:

So, everybody is telling that this show was briliant, fantastic and the best ever, and there is no recording? :sad:

Vincent Vega said:
So, everybody is telling that this show was briliant, fantastic and the best ever, and there is no recording? :sad:

It's still pretty early yet, no? It seems there's not a whole lot in the way of boots yet from this leg...well, at least in my half-assed browsing in the past day or so (I was avoiding setlists and hence, boots) until MSG.

I would tend to think something will surface in time.

:rockon: :rockon:
Well what can i say, it was awsome, i thought seeing them on my birthday in birmingham on the elevation tour was fab, then at the home of english rugby in june and then in New York at MSG......life can only get better....i dont think i've ever heard a crowd sing so load. We were up in the 419 and i swear Bono was drowned out at times.
Thank you NY MSG and U2 for and eve i'll never forget.
And just to say as well that from an english ponit of view Keane were great as well, they seemed to go down well.
And does anyone have pics from that night, gutted as i could have got camera in so easily....

mabel said:

It's still pretty early yet, no? It seems there's not a whole lot in the way of boots yet from this leg...well, at least in my half-assed browsing in the past day or so (I was avoiding setlists and hence, boots) until MSG.

I would tend to think something will surface in time.

Yes, I didn't mean there should have surfaced something up til now, that's really too early.
But somebody mentioned there was no one recording at all. If I'm not wrong or mixing two threads up.

Vincent Vega said:

Yes, I didn't mean there should have surfaced something up til now, that's really too early.
But somebody mentioned there was no one recording at all. If I'm not wrong or mixing two threads up.

It's up on eBay, being sold by acerecordings. I've heard some sketchy things about him, and his sample clip from the auction is of Fast Cars from 10/11, so maybe it's just another spliced together scam. Dunno. I hope it (as well as the other shows from this week) shows up!

Back
Top Bottom