(10-10-2006) WE Deals With 'Hair Trauma' -- Multichannel News*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
WE Deals With "Hair Trauma"

Set in successful in New York salon LaVar’s, WE tv will bow new original show "Hair Trauma" Oct. 11 at 10 p.m. (EST).

The six-episode true-life series examines the life of Ellin LaVar and her staff of family and friends as they coif, wax and quibble with her client base, which includes such A-listers as Oprah Winfrey, Donatella Versace, Whitney Houston, Bono, Missy Elliott, Kevin Bacon and the Williams sisters, Venus and Serena.

--Multichannel News

No one get their hopes up about seeing him on this...Bono and his hair no longer have to be in the same room.

It's nauseating to see him included in this mindless, pseudo-celebrity bullshit...so damn cheap, demeaning and idiotic, Danny Bonaduce belongs on a show like this, not Bono...makes you miss the days when the Holiday Inn used to drain the pool so bands couldn't use it.

^I'm with you, I'm not going to waste time watching this, no interest whatsoever. Give me music, give me speeches on various campaigns and issues, give me live performances but not something petty like this. Ugh! :|

david said:
so now are we going to find out if bono wears a rug?

LOL!

If Bono wore a toupee, it was a bad one. And for his wealth, a bad toupee is inexcusable. The toupees worn by Elton John and Burt Reynolds are almost undetectable.

If Bono had transplants, scars would be visible in the back of his head and his front hairline would be noticeably different. Yet, we see no scars (as evidenced when Bono shaved his head or when he has his hair short, like now) and his front hairline still has that natural little part right at the front as it's always had. I know this because I have a friend (sadly passed away) who worked in this very business.

So my bet is that his hair has just thinned a bit. Given he's nearing 47, this is fine. After all, Edge lost his hair ages ago, even Larry's hairline has receded and Adam has been gray for how long?

As long as U2 members don't turn into Keith Richards, I'm happy. :sexywink:

FEELINNUMB said:
It's nauseating to see him included in this mindless, pseudo-celebrity bullshit...so damn cheap, demeaning and idiotic, Danny Bonaduce belongs on a show like this, not Bono...

I didn't get at all from the description that he'd be on the show. He was just listed as one of the "A-list clients."

I don't think it's worth getting one's grundies in a bundle over it yet.

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
But how do you account for the bald spot that disappeared from the back of his head? :shrug: :wink:

As somebody mentioned the last time this subject came up, it could have been alopecia--temporary hair loss.

It can be caused by stress, illness, or even how one wears one's hair(ponytails, for example).

He does lead a stressful lifestyle...has had a heath scare...and has worn ponytails...:wink:

...or it could be a hairpiece. I just don't understand all the fuss about it. His head, his business!

Come on, Bono is vain. Whatever he wishes to do to his hair, it's fine and he's surely not alone with it. Everyone in showbusiness, also men, are doing something to their hair when they get older. Bono looks fine now but it's obvious his hair is thinning.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
But how do you account for the bald spot that disappeared from the back of his head? :shrug: :wink:

If he's weaing plugs, how do you account for the decrease in his hairline if you look at his forehead?
Wouldn't that be the obvious place to start?

I saw a hair transplant procedure on Extreme Makeover once and it was very gross. They took a strip of flesh from the back of the guy's head, took the hair out one peice at a time, and planted it at the front. The guy did have a bald strip at the back after that and had to keep his hair long to cover it. I thought that if Bono really did have this done, then he can never cut his hair short again or his bald strip would show. But, lo and behold, he got a haircut.

Back
Top Bottom