(10-09-2006) 'U218 Singles'... - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rachel D. said:

No kidding! :huh: They look like Janus, the two-faced god from Greek mythology. (I think it was Greek. :uhoh: )

That won't help Bono's rep. :giggle:

But I really dig the new developments on the Best Of release.

This is getting interesting, but the descriptions are so confusing.

I'm assuming since Universal's ultimate intent is to score lots of money from casual fans there'll definitely be a release with just the CD, and then all the other stuff.

1. stop your whining. all i heard on hear for weeks was "the bonus disk should be a live cd" IT IS.

2. it is pretty clear to me that the phrase "and a DVD is coming too" means "not included in this set" AKA "not a bonus DVD"

so you won't be paying for the disc of videos unless you really want to buy another DVD. it aint included here.

seriously, what is the deal with U2 fans. Everything they do, someone is out there whining. and then they get what they ask for and they whine some more.

you got your live cd.
that should be good enough.

a new unreleased live album with 2 new studio tracks? good enough for me. I don't care if it also happens to come with 16 hits i already own on several cds tapes, vinyl, and the itunes boxset

all of this is a bonus. i wasn't expecting a U2 release this year. i'll take what i can get. i'll consider it a sort of "rattle and hum" lite.

it is awesome in my opinion.

Lila64 said:
the U.S. Universal site still had no title listed or details about the tracklisting or cover :der:

u218cover.jpg

corianderstem said:

I can't tell if that's cool and completely creepy and freaking me out.
Could be worse, they could both be facing the other way.

This may explain why the deluxe edition of U2 by U2 was scrapped -- too much product out there competing. This is an awful lot of stuff coming at once, and very past-oriented, save for the two new tracks. (I realize Milan isn't strictly "past" but since Bomb is two years on now and the DVD recorded over a year ago, it seems a tad stale.)

I saw it mentioned in another thread, but by the looks of the cover this CD might've been part of the deluxe edition of the book and the band just decided to sell it separately.

twoedges said:

Yes, I know this is the supposed cover as posted from another site. I'm just stating that there is no information listed on the U.S. Universal Music Dist. B2B site, which I have access to :shh:

Clawgrabber said:
1. stop your whining. all i heard on hear for weeks was "the bonus disk should be a live cd" IT IS.

2. it is pretty clear to me that the phrase "and a DVD is coming too" means "not included in this set" AKA "not a bonus DVD"

so you won't be paying for the disc of videos unless you really want to buy another DVD. it aint included here.

seriously, what is the deal with U2 fans. Everything they do, someone is out there whining. and then they get what they ask for and they whine some more.

you got your live cd.
that should be good enough.

a new unreleased live album with 2 new studio tracks? good enough for me. I don't care if it also happens to come with 16 hits i already own on several cds tapes, vinyl, and the itunes boxset

all of this is a bonus. i wasn't expecting a U2 release this year. i'll take what i can get. i'll consider it a sort of "rattle and hum" lite.

it is awesome in my opinion.

:up: word

I'm excited about the new song personally. a live CD is tight too

according to wikipedia the release date is set for november 20th, which leads we to beleive that there is the possiblility that if there is some kind of launch even it might be held in Melbourne, Australia (my home town ;) ) where they would have played the second vertigo show the previous night.

well it's that time of year isn't it- Depeche Mode have yet another Best of coming out soon, as do Oasis and George Michael.

Can't say I was overly excited about this- they've already done 2 Best Of albums already and can't see any reason to buy it again- except with the bonus of a live cd/dvd..

Why do we need another one though? And sorry, but by tacking on the live stuff and a couple of new songs, its just an attempt to get the fans buying yet another CD with songs they already own.

Or am I the only one that sees this as being a bit cynical?

If they were thinking about the fans, they could release the live stuff on iTunes or something.

perrypickwick said:

look what is said on Universal.ie

"U218 Singles will be released on CD and 12”vinyl, there will also be a limited edition CD with a bonus DVD of 10 live tracks from Vertigo//05 in Milan, Italy. This best of will also be released as a full length DVD with a collection of videos from U218 Singles."

:eek: :up: :dancing: :dance: :dance: :dance:

A friend of mine works at Universal in the UK and he's told me it's a 10 track live CD from the Milan show. The live DVD thing is an error.

Rachel D. said:

They look like Janus, the two-faced god from Greek mythology. (I think it was Greek. :uhoh: )

You're right. It's the god of gates, doors, doorways, beginnings, and endings, but it's from the Roman mythology.
I like it.

ascender_RS said:

If they were thinking about the fans, they could release the live stuff on iTunes or something.

:no: If they did release the live stuff on iTunes, they would only be thinking about a fraction of the fans. Those of us with slow internet and no iTunes would be left out.

neilm said:

A friend of mine works at Universal in the UK and he's told me it's a 10 track live CD from the Milan show. The live DVD thing is an error.

What???????:eyebrow:

that can`t be -
Universal Irland says it`s a DVD
Universal Germany says it`s a DVD
and finally U2.com has corrected their text - and now also said: DVD!!!

if this now really turns out to be a CD that would be the most idiotic thing in the world. I really hope your friend mistaken something.

U2-vertigo-tour.com says the title of the other new song is 'Window in the Sky', but I don't know if it's right, that's just what they say.

...and also a friend of mine had heard somewhere that the tracklist should be this:

Vertigo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Beautiful Day
New Year’s Day
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
With or Without You
The Fly
Gloria
Sometimes You Can’t Make It on Your Own
Numb
One
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Desire
Where the Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
Discothèque
The Saints Are Coming (Featuring Green Day)
Window in the Sky

But that's just what he told me, and he didn't say where he'd got it from, so I'm not a 100 % sure that this is the actual tracklist, he could be lying.

Amazon has three listings for U218:

a CD/DVD combination for $38.49 -- information says that it is limited edition, two discs

a CD import for $42.99 -- no further info

a CD for $13.99 -- no further info

Also, The Saints CD, an import, with the two different versions -- $10.99

all are available for preorder

Simon_DK said:
...and also a friend of mine had heard somewhere that the tracklist should be this:

Vertigo
Beautiful Day
New Year’s Day
With or Without You
The Fly
Gloria
Numb
One
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Desire
I Will Follow
Discothèque
Window in the Sky

But that's just what he told me, and he didn't say where he'd got it from, so I'm not a 100 % sure that this is the actual tracklist, he could be lying.

odd that Gloria & The Fly would be on it since they weren't on the regular Best Ofs

also, only 1 song from ATYCLB? interesting...

i guess we'll find out soon enough!

Simon_DK said:

Vertigo
Beautiful Day
New Year’s Day
With or Without You
The Fly
Gloria
Numb
One
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Desire
I Will Follow
Discothèque
Window in the Sky

At least one song per album :up:

Back
Top Bottom