(10-09-2006) Bono and Edge HBO Taping in New York City - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono and Edge HBO Taping in New York City

Ed. Note -- Interference.com's own Arun V was able to attend the taping for the new Dave Stewart show on HBO last week. Below is his report. Thanks Arun!

Bono and Edge arrived in New York City to tape a pilot for HBO that will air Nov. 24. The new show is hosted by Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics and focuses on songwriting. The taping was about two hours long with tape changes.

The show was taped in a very intimate setting and only 50 people allowed in. Audience participation was encouraged (they allowed us to yell out songs we'd like to hear them talk about during one point). Some highlights included Bono and Edge talking about the inner workings of the band, Dave Stewart giving Bono and Edge a rock 'n' roll ink blot test in which he held up album covers and had them talk about their feelings toward the artist and the album itself, and some great stories about Frank Sinatra and the genesis of the songs "Stay" and "Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad." The guys also talked about the new song from the "U218" singles album that's called (perhaps tentatively) "Window in the Sky" and was recorded at Abbey Road studios.

As a side note I just want to point how the guys in the band talk about each other with the utmost respect, it's really a model for professionalism and friendship.

I wanted to write this up because it was so incredible and I wanted to share, however I have intentionally held back details, because I think this show is special and I implore everyone to tune into HBO on Nov. 24. I don't want to spoil the experience, I just want to let people watch it.

This concept for the series is great and future guests mentioned were Eric Clapton, Stevie Nicks and some others I can't recall right now.

I wanted to thank U2 and HBO for letting us have this experience, it was nothing short of incredible. Watch the show and you'll know what I mean.

--Arun V.

Last edited:
I wonder if any of the beach clips fit with a title of "Window in the Sky"....:hmm: Perhaps we're getting something entirely different...

irasistable said:
hi arun! :wave:
have you been able to process that close encounter with bono yet? :D
~ira

It was an incredible day...I have gotten things from this band that no fan deserves..this was just another in a long line

Back
Top Bottom