(10-08-2005) 'Just got a place in New York' - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
'Just got a place in New York'

U2.com has posted the set list from last night's show in New York City, see below. U2.com's show report here. Newsday reviews the show here and pictures here.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry / Electric Co.
The Ocean
Still Haven’t Found
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you Can’t Make it on Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

First Time
Stuck in a Moment
Fast Cars

All Because of You
Crumbs From Your Table
Yahweh
With or Without You

Last edited by a moderator:
Crumbs and Fast Cars were awesome!!
Bono appeared tired, but still carried the show, the fans helped a little, but i will say many didn't connect the way we normally do at a show.
Who agrees with me on this thought...
GA scanning is NOT the way to go. The Heart or Bomb Shelter should be for the truest of true fans, and when not one was jumping, not one...during Fast Cars it was obvious that the scanning sent many true fans to the GA and many of the "just want to see a show" into the shelter.

SYCMIOYO was sweet, Bono was on the circle right in front of me as we were in 78 row f.
MD was great...

#1 thing to point out from NY, Edge is having a BLAST on this tour!!!!

Jono said:
Crumbs and Fast Cars were awesome!!
Bono appeared tired, but still carried the show, the fans helped a little, but i will say many didn't connect the way we normally do at a show.
Who agrees with me on this thought...
GA scanning is NOT the way to go. The Heart or Bomb Shelter should be for the truest of true fans, and when not one was jumping, not one...during Fast Cars it was obvious that the scanning sent many true fans to the GA and many of the "just want to see a show" into the shelter.

SYCMIOYO was sweet, Bono was on the circle right in front of me as we were in 78 row f.
MD was great...

#1 thing to point out from NY, Edge is having a BLAST on this tour!!!!

I disagree Bono could not have been more into the show and he sounded :drool: IMO.....Glad to hear about the sec.78 seats I have those for Monday night :hyper:

and crumbs and fast cars were great no one in my section knew either one :|

oh, he was awesome, no doubt. I do think he was "off" in a few areas... More lyric mishaps than usual, more fan reliance to sing for him...perhaps there was a little "disappointment" in the peace prize? But, please don't get me wrong...he is ALWAYS 100% worth seeing and the band was AMAZING...it was great to see Edge dance!
How about Larry forgetting to be out there for Yaweh and seeing him fly around the walkway for his part~~

let's just say, Edge had a litte extra kick :) and a few more smiles...as he has noted, the focus was guitar on the last album and the tour enhances that~They are all havin' fun!

When I first saw the thread :hyper:, I thought that New York was on the setlist :crack: :(

I kind of agree w/ the GA scanning being a crap idea. My friend and I were in the last row of 409, and had each had about 7 hours combined sleep over the 2 previous nights, and we were still bouncing along. I swear there were (several) people on the rail, that had gotten beeped in, who were just standing there, vegging. I didn't really notice them until the encore, but I couldn't stop staring at them and their blase' attitude! OK, even though a diehard fan is going to know Fast Cars (it was on my must hear list since day one of the tour, and it sadly ended up being a bit of a disappointment, if only for the fact that the crowd seemed so dead on it)...anyway, even during All Because of You (certainly not a favorite, but still kinda rockin) I spotted one leaning on the rail w/ one hand on her chin (aka my "OMG, I'm so bored at class" stance). COME ON, PEOPLE! You're in the bomb sheltar in the FRONT ROW!!! Show a smidge of enthusiasm, will ya??

Back
Top Bottom