(10-07-2005) Comic Timing - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Comic Timing

Ed. Note -- What an amazing show last night. "In the Year 2000" was pure gold.

Four songs plus comedy and chat with Conan O'Brien last night.

In a great hour's late-night viewing Larry revealed his distress that the band he formed were never called 'The Larry Mullen Quartet' and Adam disclosed how Bono had originally wanted to be the band's guitarist.. and then the manager.

O'Brien was evidently delighted to have U2 taking over his stage and sofa - and with lots of fans in the house, it felt almost like a U2 show. The presenter knew most of the audience already. He'd been outside earlier in the day shooting a very funny quiz spot with fans: from Bono's birthday to song lyrics (true or false) and and even some maths!

As for the show itself: in 12 years of presenting this was a highlight, said O'Brien, the biggest band in the world performing in his little studio.

A dazzling rendition of All Because of You was followed by Edge taking part in a surreal futuristic comic quiz. After a break all four gathered on the couch for a very laid-back interview. Then came a neat surprise, a beautiful version of Original of the Species followed by more chat with Bono about his campaigning work in the fight against global poverty.

Returning to their instruments, Bono and Edge broke into Stuck In A Moment, joined by Adam and Larry and three horn players from the Max Weinberg 7. Vertigo brought the proceedings to a euphoric close. Great show, great night!

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1736

Great show. Way to go guys. You should start doing this kind of stuff more often. Now the big question...WHY ISN'T ORIGINAL OF THE SPECIES A TOUR REGULAR?????????????????????????????

Here are some of the highlights for me:
Adam Clayton :drool: I think the Conan rhyme went "Adam Clayton worships Satan in Dayton:giggle:
Bono and Edges-year 2000 skit:up:
Bono impersonatation of Jesse Helms:wink:
Larry smiling and talking:shocked:
The performance or OOTS rocked (my favorite song of the night):rockon:
The altered pics of the band(fat U2 /Flock of Seagull's hair):laugh:
Conan questioning the fans" If Larry is going 15mph and Bono is going 30..etc
Did I mention Adam:drool:

What an incredible show last night! Was thrilled to death to see OOTS played also! Sounds great on the cd and even more beautiful live :). Despite that it was just a late night show that they were doing. The band still gave it all that they had and really made it special for the fans. Parts that were meant to be funny were and Conan O'Brien did a great job. Loved the way too that Conan kept appearing the U2 pictures,lol. Just an incredible job U2! :applaud: :rockon:

It was a great show! I thought it looked like maybe Bono had some dental work done, or had been punched in the mouth or had a sore on his lip...his mouth just looked a bit odd especially when he talked. It was a great show tho, funny, serious, entertaining, and it was fun to see Conan being so excited. I can't wait to go home tonite and watch it again.

Back
Top Bottom