(10-06-2005) Notes from Conan - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fo Shizzel FO SHO! Damn Damn Damn I cannot WAIT!
Super14.gif

A Wonderfull Performance. Im so Glad they made it to Conan.
Theres Nothing like A Bunch of Irish Men Getting together. No Doubt the Lads and Conan will Be getting together for a Few
Drinks and Tomorrows Show will Have Vidieo Of the Night out on
the Town with U2 and Conan - Where Im Sure Conan will get his
Arse Kicked, but then again they say conan can drink as well.

I Wonder who those chicks were playing the violins, they looked just crackin. Old Rod Stewart has a couple of birds like
them in his band . Well, Well Done Again U2 - Man that bono can
sing !

I saw U2 in Hamilton a few Years ago and shortly afterwards
i Took Me Ma to See Rod Stewart in the same Place , Both Bands
are Just as Good Live. She Actually Reached out and Grabbed
Rod Stewarts hand - Its So Nice to See Those Older Dolls have
Fun in Life - they Deserve it.

U2 In Toronto Were Outstanding and I Hope that They Come
Back Soon for More Shows into 2006. They Can Come To My House if they Want . ITs Got 7 Acres Of land - I Think thats Big
Enough for A Concert - Well what Do Ya Say ! It Has a Big Pond
too Where We Could Put the Stage - We will Call the Floating
Stage - Wee Ireland. and Ya Cant Get In unless You Sponser
A Child in Africa
God Bless Ya All , Shuey
and as they say in Ireland - Onwards and Upwards !

I actually went to bed, set my alarm and got up to watch it. They did a great job. I thought that vocally, Bono was sounding great.

Started with: All Because of You followed by commercial break. Then they did the year 2000 skit. Edge did a nice job and Bono and Edge got to rip on each other a little.

Commercial break: Conan interviewed the whole band. Even Larry got to say a few words.

Commercial break: Original of the Species.

Commercial break: Bono doing a 1 on 1 with Conan about his causes (Africa, World Debt, One Campaign). You can tell this is his other passion.

Commercial break: Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Followed by Vertigo (which got cut off mid way booooo).

Great show I am glad I stayed up for it.

More commercial breaks than show or what?
Here in Germany we have a law that it is not allowed to do more than three breaks a hour.

But I can't wait to see the show. :)

Yeah there was alot of commercials. It was really funnny and I'm glad I taped it. I wasn't planning to, until I saw the preview with Edge doing the Year 200 thing, and then I changed my mind. Poor Edge messed up at the beginng; the guest usually says, "The future, Conan?" but Edge was like, "The future? ..... Conan?" It was funny when Conan showed U2's different phases (like their "Heavy" period). I was so excited when it was over that I had a hard time going to sleep last night!

Rachel D. said:
Yeah there was alot of commercials. It was really funnny and I'm glad I taped it. I wasn't planning to, until I saw the preview with Edge doing the Year 200 thing, and then I changed my mind. Poor Edge messed up at the beginng; the guest usually says, "The future, Conan?" but Edge was like, "The future? ..... Conan?" It was funny when Conan showed U2's different phases (like their "Heavy" period). I was so excited when it was over that I had a hard time going to sleep last night!

Yes, I think Edge was nervous (but he is still cool)

I too had a hard time sleeping after watching it as well. The music gets you pumped up. Then to turn around the try to sleep :sad: not easy.

If someone Tivo's it, I wonder if it would be possible to rip the audio portion of the show? I thought all the songs were done very well. Would love to put those on my iTunes.

It was indeed worth staying up for. Edge was quite funny, both when Conan was talking to all of them and in the skit. I thought All Because of You started out a bit rough, but by Original Bono was nailing it. I liked the acoustic Stuck In A Moment.

I thought the show was okay - but it seemed rushed compared to other Conan shows. It's probably because they had a lot to get through. Even "The Year 2000" was done at a much faster pace than normal... *shrug* Ah well.

The performances were great, but I was disappointed with the interviews, especially with Bono. He usually has a wicked sense of humor, but he seemed kind of out of it and unamused with the whole thing. Edge was the only one who seemed to be having a good time, laughing at Conan's jokes, etc. Go, Edge! *G*

So... yeah. I don't know. It was okay. I guess I just expected more. :-/

Off-topic note - I was surprised Bono thinks Conan has "tall-poppy syndrome." What? Conan is one of the most self-depreciating guys in entertainment, I think. That was a strange thing for him to say.

edgeboy said:
During the middle of vertigo the fucking news came on. That really pissed me off!:mad:

I know what you mean. They totally ran out of time. Bono was singing, "all of this all of this can be yours" and then it was the Jimmy Kimmel show (CRAP).

kellyahern said:
"tall puppy"

It was a joke about Conan's height.

Are you sure? I've never heard of "tall puppy syndrome." LOL. I just assumed that's what he said, and that's the reason he didn't want to explain the meaning when Conan thought it meant he was tall. *shrug*

:lol:

Maybe you're right (hard to tell with his accent).

But I don't think he accused Conan of having it. I have to go back and watch. I think he was talking about the Irish attitude toward success, ex. "Someday I'll get that bastard" who lives in the expensive house.

I thought Bono seemed out of it, too. He was really serious and seemed like he had totally closed himself up. It was really weird and un-Bono. And then, when he was interviewed by himself, it got even worse, because he got into all this political stuff. It's like he forgot that it was a comedy show. I felt all creeped out after that. :|

I really liked it and laughed so hard at the fat period picture and in .. 2000. Bono's voice wa a tad off at the beginning . But he is never gonna do an ashlee simpson. so you got to respect how hard it is . also they mixed the sound from the guitar and bass down too low so his voice was sort of sticking out. By the last song he had his groove back and was awesome. Also in my hometown they flipped to the crap depressing local news ( the mayor of some small town has been accused of molesting someone . YUCK ) right in the middle of vertigo. Normally I don't care all that much for Stuck in a moment but I though the version this time was outstanding. A LOT of their songs sound much better live. I guess cuz they are a real band and not just a studio band.

Back
Top Bottom