(09-28-2005) Queen Song Voted World's Favorite -- PA*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Queen Song Voted World's Favorite

We Are The Champions by Queen has been voted the world's favourite song.

The 1977 classic - a favourite on the football terraces - topped a global survey of 700,000 music fans in 66 countries.

But in the UK it didn't even make the top 10 - instead Michael Jackson was at number one with Billie Jean. Jackson had a remarkable seven hits in the UK top 10.

In the global poll, We Are The Champions was followed by Britney Spears hit Toxic.

Billie Jean was third, ahead of Hotel California by The Eagles. Latin American superstar Shakira was fifth with her song La Tortura. Smells Like Teen Spirit from Nirvana was sixth.

The Beatles had their only entry at number seven with Yesterday. U2's One was eighth, Imagine by John Lennon was ninth, and Dire Straits hit Sultans of Swing was 10th.

The global poll was conducted by Sony Ericsson to launch its new Walkman phone.

"We Are The Champions is an anthem worldwide both in music and sporting arenas. It conveys the passion music brings to our lives and proves a classic rock song is truly timeless," said Sony Ericsson corporate vice president Dee Dutta.

In the UK, Michael Jackson fans were busy casting their votes. The Jacko songs in the top 10 were Billie Jean, Thriller, Beat It, Smooth Criminal, We've Had Enough, Black Or White and You Rock My World.

The only other songs to make it were Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, Angels by Robbie Williams and Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses.

--PA

Nirvana is the most over-rated band in history

and Britney sucks too :wink:

just ask Kevin

BURNED!!! :rockon:

PS: I want to say that I'm so bored of We Are The Champions in every sports event... someone should make a new triumph song. Ive always loved "Raise your glasses" by KISS, you should give it a try

WTF....Who made up this poll?:madspit: I dout if they have any sense at all putting Britney on there:shame:

:eyebrow: THEY DIDN'T ASK MY OPINION TOO!!!

Would have put U2 ONE way at the top followed by The Beatles...and Toxic and We Are The champions...way low then these too...God...these voters didn't have a mind or what!!!

sooo it looks like U2's most popular song to the masses is "One"

right? i mean us Interferencers love other songs more, like Bad, WTSHNN, even Mercy lol

but looks like a lot of people recognize One more as U2's best song

scha said:

I found THIS one really, really disturbing!!!! :rant:

YOU ARE RIGHT!!! Nothing about this survey is more disturbing than the fact that Britney's song is No.2 of all time on ANY list... ANYWHERE....

Back
Top Bottom