(09-25-2006) The Saints Are Coming! -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
The Saints Are Coming!

U2 and Green Day mark tonight's reopening of the Louisiana Superdome with a special Music Rising performance which you can watch online - and then download it to raise funds to help bring the music back to the Gulf Coast Region.

The two bands have reunited in New Orleans, after several days rehearsing in London earlier in the month, ready for their performance of 'The Saints Are Coming' before tonight's football game between the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints.

The set will be televised during ESPN’s Monday Night Countdown pre-game show between 7:00pm-8:30pm EDT (performance 8:20-8:30pm).

If you can't pick up ESPN, catch the performance online via rhapsody.com which will offer a live streaming audio webcast of the entire Monday Night Football pre-game show.

And shortly after the event, you'll be able to buy a download of the The Saints Are Coming via Rhapsody with all net proceeds going directly to Music Rising.

Both the exclusive Music Rising charity track and select exclusive footage from the performance will be available for a limited time via www.rhapsody.com/musicrising.

'A simultaneous radio broadcast offered to radio stations by Westwood One worldwide will encourage solidarity across the globe for the people of New Orleans and the efforts to rebuild from destruction. Westwood One is providing the broadcast on a non-exclusive and uninterrupted basis. '

--U2.com

Hi, everybody, greetings from Paris. I can't watch this tonight so if some kind soul could YouTube it and post the link, I can see it tomorrow. Merci!

If anyone's interested, I came across a clip on AOL.com about the Superdome opening up. There's a short little bit with Edge and Billie Joe Armstrong. Thought I'd share it with anyone who might want to see it

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index...53&startid=1725545&start=1&guideContext=65.73

Hopefully the link will work. It doesn't seem to for me anymore but that just might be because my media player keeps causing me problems :)

Carek1230 said:
We didn't see anything but Beautiful Day performed during half time on the West coast. :mad:

I live on the west coast and saw the whole pregame performance before the game. Halftime was supposed to just be a snippet of the previosly performed BD not an entire replay. They did make it sound like they were going to show the whole thing again, but they didnt have time.

??

I got distracted by a family matter (my niece had a wreck and totalled her car) so I didn't get to watch the halftime show. I'm not much of a football fan anyway and there was certainly more football than performance on this show. After all it was Monday Night Football!

Back
Top Bottom