(09-24-2004) KROQ Has 'Vertigo' -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone got the U2 Valencia version of the song? Can't seem to grab it off their site....

Hmmm... oh well, found another site:

h**p://www.u2blog.info/

If only my work PC had speakers :( Will have to wait till I get home to listen to it!

Voxclone said:
Just got the Valencia version...

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

So these tracks are DEFINATELY not final mixes. If you import the MP3 into a sound editor such as Pro-Tools, and isolate the right side of the mix, you can hear Bono asking for more volume in his headphones..."Hey..Turn it up there captain." And the indistinuishable part in the middle (Just before Edge's "Solo)is just some sort of improv gibberish, no words. Also, the song is missing the volume sweep break that is heard in the spanish beach recording, and described somewhere here on Interference previously....I'd say we should expect much, much more from Vertigo, both on the record, and as an official single.

vertigo in san diego

They have been playing Vertigo on 91X fm for the last 2 plus hours!!!! Yay for Robin Roth of 91X! It's a great new single!!!

Not final version. are the different versons floating around? what happened to that part where it sounds like they pull the plug? o well sounds great. ive heard it like 50 times on the radio.

u2exit.com/u2m/2/index.php3?count=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.titanium-soul.com%2Fshare%2Fhtdaab%2FU2+-+Vertigo.wma

if that's any help to anyone

add the http://www. before the u2exit

Last edited:
This song is PUNK ROCK!

In the beginning Bono shouts: "Un,dos,tres,quatorze" what means: one, two, three, fourteen! (1,2,3,14)

Does it mean he made a mistake? Don't think so, I think he refers to their albums....This is their fourteenth album! And it's back to rock and roll!!! Just like their first three albums, boy, war and october !!!! Doesn't this sound as an acceptable explanation?

AHHHHH!!!!!
I just called KROQ LA and they said they have recieved so many requests they will be playing it at the top of every hour all day long!!!

phommel said:
This song is PUNK ROCK!

In the beginning Bono shouts: "Un,dos,tres,quatorze" what means: one, two, three, fourteen! (1,2,3,14)

Does it mean he made a mistake? Don't think so, I think he refers to their albums....This is their fourteenth album! And it's back to rock and roll!!! Just like their first three albums, boy, war and october !!!! Doesn't this sound as an acceptable explanation?

Yes it does.

I'm amazed with this song!
Now I can believe everything they've been saying about this album.
4 years... worth waiting.

Freakin awsome song... I was just comparing it to every song on ATYCLB and it's way better and more "Rock" than any of those songs... I really hope the rest of the album is just as good. If it's just as good this may be my absolute favorite U2 album, although it'll be hard to top AB...

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :happy: :happy: :happy:

How good is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the album!!!

Larry and Adam are playing a blinder on that one. Definetely got the hips right.

Tell you what this will do. It will shut up those U2 "fans" who say "they were good but I went off them after War / Joshua Tree when they went funny"

U2 have never been anything other than awesome and the fact that this new tune is exciting everyone as much as it is goes to show how good it is. Even Beautiful Day had some people criticising it but no-one has said anything bad about Vertigo at all.

The best just got better.

Vertigo taking over Canadian Radio

Every station is playing it - seems like every 15 mins. DJ's are screaming about it, people are jamming phone lines for more air time.

It's a Beautiful Day - Vertigo is here... AWESOME TUNE.

Well done boys!!

That song rocks!!!!!! I love it. Oooh i just heard a riff from some song on Boy, don't remember which, but it's definitely from Boy- I think maybe A Day w/o me or Electric Co, maybe. Anyone know if Q104.3 in NYC is playing Vertigo?

Whoa this song is going to be huge everywhere....I am in Nashville, TN and 2 stations have been playing it every hour and going on and on about how great this song is. All i can say is it flat out rocks...I think I have played it about 40 times now...you definately get the goose bumps with bass lines...this song is going to rock live!!!! turn it up loud captain!

Just heard it from Valencia..

Oh SH!T!! Amazing.
How do they keep reinventing themselves??!!

Reminescent of early stuff with today's electronics...YAY!!

I am starting to tab the song for those interested... this is my first tab ever!!!! lol.. so we'll see how it goes:

Haven't figured out a few parts of the song yet, but here is the bread and butter of it.

Standard tuning

Intro
e--------------------------------------------------
B--------------------------------------------------
G-----7/9--7/9--7/9-----------------------------
D-----7/9--7/9--7/9----7--7--7--7---6--5-----
A-----5/7--5/7--5/7----7--7--7--7---6--5-----
E--------------------------5--5--5--5---4--3-----

Verse - "Lights go down, it's dark..."
e---x----------------------------------------------
B---x---------------------------------------------
G---x----------------------------------------------
D---x----------------------------------------------
A---x-----------------------------------------------
E---x----------------------------------------------
Just palm mute, classic edge.

Chorus - "Hello, hello"
e---------------------------------------------------
B---------------------------------------------------
G---9-----7---------------------------------------
D---9-----7-----5-----7--------------------------
A---7-----5-----5-----7--------------------------
E----------------3-----5-------------------------- Listen for rythym.

Then repeat the intro.
e--------------------------------------------------
B--------------------------------------------------
G-----7/9--7/9--7/9-----------------------------
D-----7/9--7/9--7/9----7--7--7--7---6--5-----
A-----5/7--5/7--5/7----7--7--7--7---6--5-----
E--------------------------5--5--5--5---4--3-----

Second Verse
e---x----------------------------------------------
B---x---------------------------------------------
G---x----------------------------------------------
D---x----------------------------------------------
A---x-----------------------------------------------
E---x----------------------------------------------

Then, the part with classic edge delay, when bono sings
"They know that they can't dance, at least they know..."

e-----12----10----10--------12----10----10----------------
B--------10-----10-----10-------10-----10-----10---------
G---------------------------------------------------------------
D--------------------------------------------------------------
A--------------------------------------------------------------
E---------------------------------------------------------------

Then, repeat chorus and intro!

caylan..... you hit it right on the head!!!!

This song is a balance between the past and the future!!!

What a song !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom