(09-22-2006) Deluxe 'U2 By U2' Cancelled: Amazon.com -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Deluxe "U2 By U2" Cancelled: Amazon.com

First, it was postponed. Then rumors started swirling that it had been cancelled. Now, Amazon.com has let fans who preordered the deluxe edition of "U2 By U2" know that the book isn't coming out.

In an e-mail send out today, the site said:

We are sorry to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:

U2, Neil McCormick "U2 by U2 Deluxe Edition"

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found that it will not be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you.

We have cancelled this item from your order.

For all of you who ordered this version, you can order the regular edition from Amazon.com here or wait to buy it in bookstores when the book hits shelves next week.

A bit sad. Got the e-mail, too.

But on the other hand it saves me money :)
I think for me it's better that ithas been cancelled because I can use the money better, but couldn't stop wanting it :)
Although it would've gotten a Christmas or birthday present there are also opportunity costs, in this case opportunity gifts :)

I feel badly for all of the fans looking forward to the deluxe edition...but to me, it didn't really seem like it was going to be worth the extra money.

:scratch:

Strange, my order (at amazon.co.uk) hasn't been cancelled, just delayed... :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom