(09-21-2004) Dave Fanning to Play 'Vertigo' First - RTE*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
FIRST EXCLUSIVE PLAY OF U2'S BRAND NEW SINGLE VERTIGO

This Thursday evening on The Dave Fanning Show you can hear the first EXCLUSIVE play of U2's brand new single 'Vertigo', taken from their forthcoming album 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'. This will be U2 fans' first chance to hear 'Vertigo' anywhere in the world.

In fact, the Dave Fanning show has had the exclusive on every new U2 single from the very beginning, since the day when listeners to Dave's show were asked to pick the A-side of U2's very first single.

'Vertigo' hits the shops on November 8 but you can hear it first and in full on Thursday's Dave Fanning Show so don't miss it!

DAVE FANNING
2FM
Monday - Friday
6pm - 7.30pm

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/entertainment/fanning.html

Thanks to Chris!

You can listen online to Fanning -- as for the States, you will probably want to call your local rock station and/or visit their website to find out their play sched. for Friday.

Fair warning - Electrical Storm was blocked out of the web broadcast when Fanning premiered this on his show. This could possibly happen again. Somebody should tape this straight from the radio to be safe.

HTDAAB mp3 previews???

Does anyone know if U2.com will launch previews of the upcoming new songs like they did with ATYCLB?

Surely this will get onto the web Thursday night???

I was planning to go out Thursday night, but perhaps I will cancel!!!

according to @u2 and also posted elsewhere on interference, it seems that phoenix radio already played vertigo a couple of times actually. one, it's odd that if it was played in phoenix, it stayed in phoenix. also not sure what that mean for fanning's exclusivity track record. :huh:

i wont be home either.
i'm very tempted to take dad's laptop, and my old modem to try and get a copy of this ....i just couldnt wait another 15 hours :)...either that or i will be GLUED! to the radio in melbourne.

blindinglights said:
according to @u2 and also posted elsewhere on interference, it seems that phoenix radio already played vertigo a couple of times actually. one, it's odd that if it was played in phoenix, it stayed in phoenix. also not sure what that mean for fanning's exclusivity track record. :huh:

i saw that earlier too, but i have since noticed that it is no longer on there, and also there is no mention of what happened to it. i guess this means that it was not played in phoenix, and that fanning still gets the exclusive.

Quote - Sorry if I sound thick, but what radio station is Dave Fanning on?

Dave Fanning is on 2FM(RTE). If you've got SKY TV in the UK it's on channel 914 or thereabouts.

From u2log

The Fanning Show has confirmed with us that “Vertigo” will not be aired as part of 2FM’s webcast. The show, however, is looking for fans around the world to review the single (listening via phone) during the show. If reviewing the new U2 single interests you, contact the show by email and express your interest.

Back
Top Bottom