(09-20-2004) Bono Kicks Garbage Can on Night Out - Irish Mirror*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flarez said:
In other news, more American soldiers died in Iraq, more Africans died of AIDS, and the "bird flu" has made a reappearence.

This is a U2 news site - not world news. I admit, it's a silly, funny story about Bono out on the town, but it is related to U2 in some way, and that's why we posted it. We are under no obligation to report world news - so let's relax, enjoy ourselves and have a laugh at Bono having a good time on a night out.

I know I'll probably get all kinds of hell for saying this, but I really do wish that Bono would grow up. I don't care that he kicked a trash can. What does bother me is that as a 44 year old married father, isn't he a little old to be out drinking and carousing with "unidentified" women ? I'm not saying that being in your 40's means that you have to become a total bore, but as someone who's in their thirties, I can honestly say I grew tired of the party scene many years ago. I'm glad he's got a great wife like Ali, but sometimes I wonder why she hasn't told him to get it together.

Eire apparent said:
I know I'll probably get all kinds of hell for saying this, but I really do wish that Bono would grow up. I don't care that he kicked a trash can. What does bother me is that as a 44 year old married father, isn't he a little old to be out drinking and carousing with "unidentified" women ? I'm not saying that being in your 40's means that you have to become a total bore, but as someone who's in their thirties, I can honestly say I grew tired of the party scene many years ago. I'm glad he's got a great wife like Ali, but sometimes I wonder why she hasn't told him to get it together.

Going out to pubs with friends is a cultural and popular social pasttime in Ireland and the UK - Bono is just like most other Irish men. As for the unidentified women - they could have very well been U2 staffers.

I bet he's hiding cigarettes under that jacket. That's a no no too. (Maybe what he needs is for me to come over there and give him a good spanking.)

TheBrazilianFly said:
He kicked a trash can? :laugh:

Awesome! :evil:

:shame: Trash cans are people too:
2056658.jpg

:wink:

Last edited:
marythered said:
I have on good authority that Bono has lots of those "special female friends"

Comments like that are not allowed, as has been mentioned to you in another thread. As stated in the FAQ:

"Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed."

That is what you seem to be insinuating about, and it is not our place to discuss such issues. Please refrain from further comments like that. A thank ya!

Back
Top Bottom