(09-18-2006) Bono Gets Bitchy With Fashionistas -- Elite TV*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://oanmedia.com/photos/2006-0916_bono.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono Gets Bitchy With Fashionistas

Ed. Note: Bono and Ali had a whirlwind promo tour for EDUN and it's new collaboration with The ONE Campaign. Below is an account of EDUN's show at New York Fashion Week. Get coverage of the couple in Chicago here and a PLEBANs experience at an LA appearance here.

New York, September 12-15, 2006 – “Thank you very much for coming. I’m here as Ali’s bitch”, Bono told the crowd at the launch party for the One t-shirt, made by Edun, his clothing line with wife Ali Hewson. The U2 frontman was a bit tired; he’d gotten off a plane and come directly to the Hudson Hotel for the Friday night bash, and was, in fact, the evening’s speaker, giving up the stage briefly to Columbia University economist Jeffrey Sachs, and to Irish singer Damien Rice, who told the crowd, “Tonight, I’m Bono’s bitch.” Rice’s declaration that the evening was “One special moment in this great, great city of noise” was prophetic.

Annoyed at the chattering during Rice’s performance, Bono momentarily lost his cool, and told the fashion crowd to “Take your f--ing finger food and f--k off” if they couldn't quiet down. He immediately regained his composure and continued with his speech, while the guests went on gabbing, apparently unaware that they’d just been told off by a rock star.

Heather Graham and Winona Ryder were ensconced in the VIP section, so we don’t know if they were talking or not. The Edun launch was one of the few New York fashion shows that Mischa Barton missed. Despite participating in the ad campaign for the One t-shirt, Kate Bosworth, Fashion Week’s other ubiquitous presence, wasn’t there.

On Tuesday, Kate Moss, Kirsten Dunst and Mary-Kate Olsen attended David Yurman's and Another Magazine’s private dinner at Milk Studios. The Dazed & Confused after party followed, with Eve, Eva Mendes, Kate Bosworth and rock spawn Sean Lennon and Jade Jagger taking in a set by The Kills. Paris Hilton, still wearing the dress she modeled in Heatherette, was all over Travis Barker.

Thursday’s Calvin Klein party was the other big celeb magnet, with Drew Barrymore, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Lindsay Lohan and Mischa Barton (again) gawking at the brand new 7 World Trade Center office tower.

Bennett Marcus/Open All Night

--Elite TV

I really hate that all these celebrities are getting on the bandwagon. Some of these celebrities could really give a crap about what's going on in the world. They just want free stuff. :angry:

Ok end of rant. :reject:

^ I think that's just it. Bono has every right to get urinated off. You have these rich, snobby people who can't even shut up to hear about something that's changing the lives of the poor. I'd be pissed, too.

The phrase he used to get his anger across was hilarious though. It does remind me of the good 'ol Zoo TV days. :applaud:

some of these celebrities ate TOTALLY into this just to look cool. I mean, I originally rolled my eyes when I saw the *behind the scenes* clip of when they were shooting the promos for ONE tshirts... just couldn't believe the number of young celebrities that were modeling the clothes... but then I though: OK, MAYBE THEY ARE INTERESTED IN SUPORTING SOMETHING IMPORTANT. But this articles has just proven me that my gut feeling was right.... the fact that they copuldn't even show their faces and support cause they are "SUPORTING" just makes me sick. :madspit:

dsmith2904 said:
<!-- http://oanmedia.com/photos/2006-0916_bono.jpg -->
Bono Gets Bitchy With Fashionistas
Annoyed at the chattering during Rice’s performance, Bono momentarily lost his cool, and told the fashion crowd to “Take your f--ing finger food and f--k off” if they couldn't quiet down.

Well someone had to tell them.. :eyebrow: It's a shame however that he has to do this :|

BGD75 said:
some of these celebrities ate TOTALLY into this just to look cool. I mean, I originally rolled my eyes when I saw the *behind the scenes* clip of when they were shooting the promos for ONE tshirts... just couldn't believe the number of young celebrities that were modeling the clothes... but then I though: OK, MAYBE THEY ARE INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING SOMETHING IMPORTANT. But this articles has just proven me that my gut feeling was right.... the fact that they copuldn't even show their faces and support cause they are "SUPPORTING" just makes me sick. :madspit:

I was thinking the same thing. You'd think that if they really were into supporting the One campaign and cared they would be try their hardest to be there, right?
True that some of the people might have had work schedule conflicts, but still, it seems that celebrities are able to show up to plenty of parties and such if they want to. :shifty:

This is so funny! I am laughing my arse off. I wished. I would have been there. When Bono told these "self important rich people." Who have completely useless jobs. To f-off!

Way to go Bono! :applaud:

The B-man received far more respect. When he spoke to the ordinary folks. People who have real jobs and work hard for their pay. During the DATA tour. Bono didn't cuss anyone out. He embrassed America's workers. Moms, teachers, nurses, secretaries, EMT, truck drivers and retail personnel, etc.

PLEASE STANDBY FOR TRANSMISSION: "Finger food",where did they cater there food from a Wendy's fast food place!!Peace,the Rockmeister.

Back
Top Bottom