(09-18-2004) EW on HTDAAB - EW*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
EW on HTDAAB

Entertainment Weekly has placed U2's upcoming "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" as the #3 fall release they are most looking forward to hearing. #2 was Eminem's "Encore," and #1 was surprisingly System of a Down's as-yet-untitled December release. Below is the magazine's description of the album:

"Maybe they really couldn't leave All That You Can't Leave Behind behind. Typically, U2 have undertaken some startling changes of direction between albums, but that's not the case with their latest disc. A preview of a nearly completed version reveals that if anything, it's even more guitar-oriented, hopeful, straightforward, and irony-free. Rock radio will love the first single, ''Vertigo,'' which has the Edge riffing as if to win over kids weaned on Jet and Velvet Revolver."

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,697695_4||697960|1_0_,00.html

Thanks to VertiGone!

If ATYCLB was guitar-oriented, I am Santa Claus. This article has no credibility whatsoever.

Hey, I am still peeved that "O Brother" beat out ATYCLB for Album of the Year. You have to be kidding me? How can an album that garnered individual grammies for FOUR separate songs, and not get Album of the Year. And two of the songs won for Best Record. And, there are better songs on that record, such as Kite, Peace on Earth and When You Look at the World.

U2 WAS ABSOLUTELY ROBBED!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope HTDAAB wins Album of the Year. If it's better than ATYCLB, it better win, dammit.

joerags said:
Hey, I am still peeved that "O Brother" beat out ATYCLB for Album of the Year. You have to be kidding me? How can an album that garnered individual grammies for FOUR separate songs, and not get Album of the Year. And two of the songs won for Best Record. And, there are better songs on that record, such as Kite, Peace on Earth and When You Look at the World.

U2 WAS ABSOLUTELY ROBBED!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope HTDAAB wins Album of the Year. If it's better than ATYCLB, it better win, dammit.

Agreed 200%.

hahahahahah - that just makes me laugh...what idiots! system of a down more anticipated than an upcoming brand new u2 album? Who is writing that thing??? HAhahahahahhahahaha- again, it makes me laugh.

I have to agree, just exactly how was ATYCLB guitar oriented? And while I can see Em being #2, SOAD at one just doesn't make sense...

Back
Top Bottom