(09-16-2005) 'ReAct Now' Downloads to Aid Katrina Relief -- Billboard.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
"ReAct Now" Downloads to Aid Katrina Relief

By Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y. and Antony Bruno, L.A.

Performances by the likes of U2, Neil Young, Green Day, Big & Rich, Trent Reznor and the Red Hot Chili Peppers from last week's "ReAct Now: Music and Relief" telethon will soon be available as downloads to benefit hurricane relief and rebuilding efforts. A total of 26 songs taken from the live MTV Networks broadcast will be sold for a limited time through various online retailers with proceeds tabbed for the American Red Cross and Habitat for Humanity.

The Sept. 10 commercial free broadcast was seen across all of MTV Networks' various channels, including MTV, MTV2, VH1 and CMT in the United States, and in several global markets. Since it aired, the company says more than 1 million streams of content from the telethon have been served online via its broadband networks, MTV Overdrive and VH1 Spot, as well as CMT.com.

Among the selections are U2's "Love & Peace or Else," Young's "Walking In New Orleans," Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends," Reznor's "Hurt" and Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Under the Bridge," as well as Melissa Etheridge's "Four Days," a song written specifically for the "ReAct Now" broadcast.

Most tracks will be available for 60 days, although some will be pulled after 30 days, according to an MTV Networks spokesperson.

Retailers selling the tracks are CDIGIX, MSN Music, Real Networks, Rhapsody, Sony Connect and MusicNet-powered download stores FYE and Virgin Digital.

The spokesperson says MTV also approached Apple's iTunes Music Store, but the popular online retailer declined participation as it already has its own Katrina-related fundraising activities in place.

Here are the individual "ReAct Now" downloads available:

"Here By Me," 3 Doors Down
"Rainy Day in June," Alan Jackson
"Side of the Road," Beck
"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes," Beck
"I Pray for You," Big & Rich
"Ghost of a Good Thing," Chris Carrabba (Dashboard Confessional)
"American Baby," Dave Matthews Band
"Cadillacs on 22s," David Banner
"Give a Little Bit," Goo Goo Dolls
"Wake Me Up When September Ends," Green Day
"Home," Mark Broussard
"Don't Let Me Down," Maroon 5
"Four Days," Melissa Etheridge
"Walking In New Orleans," Neil Young
"Given To Fly," Pearl Jam
"Under the Bridge," Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Ever The Same," Rob Thomas
"Time After Time," Rob Thomas
"Good as Good," Sheryl Crow
"Right Here," Staind
"Stand Back Up," Sugarland
"Last Getaway," the Radiators
"Hurt," Trent Reznor
"Non-Entity," Trent Reznor
"Love & Peace or Else," U2
"Home Sweet Home," Motley Crue

--Billboard.com

I STRONGLY urge every iTunes Music Store customer to give feedback to Apple requesting these tracks. Send them the article as well. It's such bad PR for them to say, essentially, "We've done enough." All they have to do is make the tracks available. How can the #1 online music store turn down a charitable addition of 15 or so unique, collectible tracks?

Feedback can be given by going to the menu selection "Provide iTunes Feedback." Please. Only with enough voices can iTunes reconsider this.

Argh! I tried MSN, but he asked me if I live in the States -- and I don't!
How can I get the mp3 & help for the Katrina victims?

Back
Top Bottom