(09-14-2004) U2: Single Details Confirmed -- hotpress.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2: Single Details Confirmed

hotpress.com has posted the following information about the release of "Vertigo," the first single from U2's "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," hitting Irish shelves on Nov. 5 (Nov. 8 and 9 in Europe and North America):

The single features brand new track, "Are You Gonna Wait Forever?" along with a cover of "Neon Lights" which was originally written and recorded by Kraftwerk, plus a "Vertigo" remix by Jacknife Lee. The DVD contains exclusive band photos by top photographer Anton Corbijn in Lisbon along with a stunning live performance of "Vertigo." shot at their studio HQ and directed by Richie Smyth. It's worth noting that buying the single will be your only chance to get your mitts on "Are You Gonna Wait Forever?" and "Neon Lights" which won't make any appearance on the album.

According to hotpress.com, the single will be released in three formats:

Vertigo 3 track CD single
Vertigo DVD single
Vertigo 2 track single

Wowosers! That is such new info I can't believe it!! :) It seems that 5 different places are confirming what other places have comfirmed a while back. If we get comfirmation of something why not be it something new? like a new peice of info instead of confirming something that has been confirmed like 5 other times! IMHO

Nico:wink:

Hmmmm, hitting US shelves on Nov 9....does this mean imports or will US get the singles too?

I wonder if the DVD will be available in the US. I hope so.

I will be buying anything that u2 wants to put on a shelf - hell I'd buy "Lucky Clovers" at this point but the dvd with a live version of "vertigo" at hq - that is a done deal

mkdominatr said:
Which is everyone getting? The single or dvd?

I'll go for the dvd... just for the "live performance", where? when? why I wasn't there???

Bit confused here....

SO is that confirmation that one of the cds will consist of:

1.Vertigo
2. Are you gonna wait forever?
3. Neon Lights

Hope it is, just need to make certain

intedomine said:
Bit confused here....

SO is that confirmation that one of the cds will consist of:

1.Vertigo
2. Are you gonna wait forever?
3. Neon Lights