(09-13-2005) Rumor: Bono on the Cover of the Rolling Stone? -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
(09-13-2005) Update: Bono on the Cover of the Rolling Stone? -- Interference.com*

Update: Bono on the Cover of the Rolling Stone?

Update: Seems that Bono is out of the running. The latest reader poll, sent out Wednesday afternoon, features a Billie Jo/Killers face off. Since Bono was mentioned in the first poll, though, it's very likely he will feature in the magazine at some point in the near future.

The editors of Rolling Stone magazine routinely poll readers about future cover possibilities, asking them which subject they'd be most interested in seeing on the magazine. The latest survery contains the following choices:

Bono
Billie Jo Armstrong of Green Day
The Killers
Jennifer Aniston

Could this mean a Bono cover and/or feature is in the works at Rolling Stone? Stay tuned to Interference.com and your local newsstand.

Last edited:
pick bono, pick bono!
i know rolling stone gets blasted a lot , but they have been doing some good stuff lately. their past few covers have been:

jimi hendrix
coldplay
white stripes
the rolling stones

of course, now i've probably jinxed it and they'll go with jennifer on the cover.

Depends on who their polling demographic is. I mean if 14 year old girls were polled then obviously the Killers would win it.

If grown adults were polled then maybe Bono or Jen.

I think the reason why Jennifer factors into the decision is because the issue will contain articles on all the people being nominated for the cover.

I personally feel that whoever gets a major write up should also be on the cover.

u2bonogirl said:
wow. where the feck did jennifer aniston factor into this poll?

I was just thinking the same thing:scratch: I thought Rolling Stone was for musians:shrug:

Carmelu2fan said:

I was just thinking the same thing:scratch: I thought Rolling Stone was for musians:shrug:

It used to be, but in recent decades (I'm guessing at the time period) due to declining circulation, Rolling Stone has switched to a more omnimedia format. It has featured many actors/actresses and casts on its covers since then.

Jennifer Aniston would be an obvious choice here to sell the most amount of issues considering the world has an unnatural obsession with her, her divorce, and - here's the kicker - she has fall movies to promote.

Jennifer Aniston has been on the cover of RS severl times in the past, both with the entire cast of "Friends" and solo (nude). Non-musicians seem to be on the cover more often than not these days.

Rolling Stone is so predictable with its covers. To their credit they do put great artists on the cover fairly often in between the flavors-of-the-month and the half-naked actresses, but they always use the same ones over and over again! As much as I love Bono/U2 and Bruce Springsteen, who have been on the cover more times than I can count, I'd love to see some great band or artist who isn't that well known make the cut.

I vote for Mr. B..........

I could never understand why Rolling Stone was so oversized.......why can't it just be regular magazine size? :scratch:

dsmith2904 said:
Jennifer Aniston has been on the cover of RS severl times in the past, both with the entire cast of "Friends" and solo (nude). Non-musicians seem to be on the cover more often than not these days.
Bono on the cover Nude (oh I read that wrong--just wishful thinking.)

After seeing the Olsen twins on the cover of Rolling Stone, there is nothing they could put on their cover that could shock me.

I still have the Bono cover from '87 with that lucious photo of him with the flowery shirt & long flowing hair. (I keep it on my table next to the couch for gazing purposes.) :drool:

Bono's Doll said:
I still have the Bono cover from '87 with that lucious photo of him with the flowery shirt & long flowing hair. (I keep it on my table next to the couch for gazing purposes.) :drool:

I like to refer to that one as Bono's "Mother Earth" picture. He looks so...maternal.:wink:

He looks like he should be out in the middle of the desert and a naked indian appears, oh wait that was Jim Morrison. Anyway, he does look sort of maternal--he could mother me anytime. I bet his mother was a beautiful woman.

...WHAT !!??
NO BRITNEY SPEARS ON THE COVER OF ROLLING STONE!!???? :rant:

AAAAHAHAHAAHAHA :lmao:
But seriously now, they should put the whole U2 band on the cover again.

Back
Top Bottom