(09-13-2004) New Album Name Confirmed -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/images/news_130904_band.jpg[/SIMG]
New Album Name Confirmed

Just as BBC Radio1 DJ Zane Lowe was announcing the name of U2's next album, those sneaky devils at U2.com updated the story posted four days ago called "Everything We Can Find..." to include this fact. So, folks, it looks like it is official, in a little more than two months "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" will hit shelves.

Update

Interference.com just got the following information from Lowe. Keep in mind, these dates most likely only apply to Europe.

"Album title is 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' and it's released November 22. First single is called 'Vertigo' and it's out November 08."

U2.com also has a new band picture up to go along with all this new news.

news_130904_band.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Me neither.

Judging from the title, this might be U2's most political record ever

Last edited:
:applaud: I have to say, I don't know if I would have picked it, but then again, I'M not U2, now am I?

But it definitely won't fit on a t-shirt... Oh well. :D At least I have something to write on my calendar!

I think it is a great title. It's about time U2 goes political again!

The Joshua Tree is their most political, with War close behind. I do hope hope HTDAAB is right up there with them.

:eyebrow:

good title, but i think people might be dissapointed when it is not going to be a political album. I think their going to stay away from politics and issues such as africa and aids, its all about the rock n roll which is why they called it this title. The issues on this album are going to be about life and death (i.e. kite)

:hyper: :combust:
Finally!

And I like the title, I don't see why it has to be a political thing. That's certainly not what I thought about at first.

:dance: sweeeeeeeet.

The title's corny and Bono's hair looks really bad. And it had better not be a political album! Then I will have THREE things to complain about.

patrickU217 said:
I guess the title is just a phrase from one of the songs, just like ATYCLB was a phrase in Walk On.
You are absolutely right, this will originate from the lyrics. And, although I liked "Difuse" better, this IS a Great title. Saying this album won't be (or shouldn't be) political is not knowing U2. Have they ever made an apolitical record? [see quote by Adam from Rattle & Hum for your answer].

By the way, how is Eindhoven these days, Patrick? Haven't been there in a while, but I have great memories of the place! :)

i'm so glad someone agrees with me on the hair!
its been looking bad for a while now... a little too blond a while ago
now it looks like someone put super-relaxer/straightner in his shampoo:ohmy:

Let's be honest, they've never really been good at coming up with names. "U2" is not much to be proud of. Just ask Bono.

Brilliant title! As mentioned earlier, I wouldn't necessarily pull out the political card 100%, I recall a quote that the title would be somewhat philosophical and make you think!

Considering the title of the album, it will be interesting to see if they do address world issues, and how they do it. My guess is that many of the songs could be interpreted as political, or other ways as well, as is often the case with U2.

Back
Top Bottom