(09-09-2005) From Patti Smith to Kanye West -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
From Patti Smith to Kanye West

Lowdown on very cool line-up of acts playing with U2 in the next few months.

We already reported that Dashboard Confessional will be opening for the first shows in Toronto – now we can confirm that they’ll be staying on the road with U2 for shows in Chicago (Sep 21 and 22), Minneapolis (Sep 23) and Milwaukee (Sep 25).

Then Keane, who played with U2 during the summer in Europe, will get on board the Vertigo train. The English band will play shows in Boston (October 3/4) and New York’s Madison Square Garden (October 7th-14th).

When U2 return to Madison Square Garden (November 21st/22nd) the legendary Patti Smith will be performing with them.

And the final confirmed news on support acts is that Arcade Fire will open when the band return to Canada for shows in Ottawa (Nov 25th) and Montreal (Nov 26/28th)

More news on who is playing where and when with U2 this Fall as we get it. But that’s a pretty cool start!

--U2.com

So Kanye's confirmed? Why don't they mention anything about him and Smith in this article other than in the headline? :scratch:

Yeah, the whole Kanye West thing is a bit of a head-scratcher because he's not mentioned with any shows anywhere on the site. Perhaps an announcement is just around the corner.

Looking for tickets for MSG fall dates... Clancy3434@yahoo.com

Have you tried the ETS site...unbelievable...
I got the Bronze package for Boston...$169 includes a GA and pre show party with transportation....AWESOME!

anger is fine, combined with inteligence...and yes, i do listen when the BMan is fired up. His brain can support his comments and i'm fairly sure mr West would have some diffuculty explaining anything. Aside from his Bush comment, was there anything that flowed in his 3 minute banter?

Jono said:
anger is fine, combined with inteligence...and yes, i do listen when the BMan is fired up. His brain can support his comments and i'm fairly sure mr West would have some diffuculty explaining anything. Aside from his Bush comment, was there anything that flowed in his 3 minute banter?

so i guess someone else wrote all of his lyrics for him, considering how he's such a moron and all.

please... get over it.

Jono said:
Go away Kayne...
The guy is a loser and i think it was a typo for Keane...or at least i hope it was.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/kanyewest.html

He just lost huge chunk of his audience with those comments...
Inteligence, none..talent very little. Although Keane isn't Patti Smith, it's better than an ignorant *A* with an attitude!

Just because someone criticizes something doesn't make them unintelligent, a loser and however else you are insulting him. If that's the case, you might as well attribute that description to all of those who agree with him on some level.

Kanye is extremely talented and is actually a huge role model for his audience. Are you familiar with his music? I really doubt he lost a huge chunk of his audience.

If he was not a rapper, would we all feel comfortable calling him a loser and unintelligent? If it was Nic Cage or a white celebrity, would we douse him in flames just the same?

Am I excusing his outburst and saying I completely agree with him? No. But I do not think it's fair to call someone a loser or unintelligent when we (well not me, I'm actually very familiar with Kanye and his music) as white rock fans probably don't know very much about him or his music and intelligence level.

From his song "We Don't Care"...
You know the kids gonna act a fool
When you stop the programs for after school
And they DCFS them some of them dislecsic
They favorite 50 Cent song's 12 Questions
We scream, rock, blows, weed park
so now we smart
We aint retards the way teachers thought
Hold up hold fast we make mo'cash

Need I say more? writing lyrics doesn't always equate to inteligence. Anger can be spoken, but not after you be smokin'

Are you actually reading what he's saying or are you looking for whatever fits your opinion of him?

Does someone needs to speak the Queen's English in order to be intelligent?

He's railing against the decreased funding for after school programs and how black youth aren't retarded.

Nothing to do with Rap/Race...and you better beieve that I personally would have been just as outraged if Mike Myers had made the comment. I am not even a Bush supporter, but where the country is right now, we do not need fuel on the fire. I am also quite sure that Mr West LOVES white people. Anyone who makes a racial statement like that usually is a racist themselves.

Going back to the point, i wish we were getting Patti Smith in Boston!!

Jono said:
Nothing to do with Rap/Race...and you better beieve that I personally would have been just as outraged if Mike Myers had made the comment. I am not even a Bush supporter, but where the country is right now, we do not need fuel on the fire. I am also quite sure that Mr West LOVES white people. Anyone who makes a racial statement like that usually is a racist themselves.

Going back to the point, i wish we were getting Patti Smith in Boston!!

yes... most black racists get john mayer, the whitest man alive, to play on their new cd...

:coocoo:

Rap = crap? no, again, not the point. But since you brought that up...I can assume I may be the elder on this post and when GMF writes..."Hotel motel holiday inn, i say if your girl starts acting up, then you take her friend"...Rap used to be fun before gangsta rap took over. Am i a fan of gang type rap, no and no-one should be.

Jono said:

So, you know nothing about Kanye West then other than what his outburst was, and his rapper style? Is that right? And you're looking for things that support your claim in lyrics that you are misinterpreting? Does the fact that his has a college degree, and preaches to the black youth that education and keeping your head up and neck clean mean anything?

Reggae is the music of the people's revolution - they are angry, but the lyrics aren't in proper English. Neither is Blues music. Shit, neither is country music.

What I'm wondering is why anyone is attacking his intelligence level simply because he communicates in a way that maybe some of us do not?

Man...and to think i tried to help you with your MSG tix...
Just because someone secures a talent to work on their CD, does not mean that they share ideologies.

A black citizen of New Orleans just said what she heard soldiers saying.
The one thing was that he hopes the people there, most were black people, would die and when they got evacuated it was said "Whites first"!

And there were many others saying what Kanye said. Blacks were looters and Whites tried to save their lives. And you can't tell me that these were all liars or stupids.
It's hard to believe, but still some people differentiate between Blacks and Whites.

"It's hard to believe, but still some people differentiate between Blacks and Whites."
Yes they do and as i said we do not fuel to the fire...

But he did without being stupid. He just said what he felt. Somebody has to do, otherwise nothing changes and with the next catastrophe the same problems occur.

Jono said:
Yes they do and as i said we do not fuel to the fire...

Racism has many faces. Some don't even realize they are racist.

This country needs to have many dialogues and conversational fires. Sweeping certain ones under the rug like racism is no way to go about things. I know plenty of racists who still distinguish between races and proudly so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom