(09-08-2005) Katrina Benefit Performances - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trevster2k said:
What a great version of the song. Mary J Blige was fantastic.:drool:

It was a very powerful rendition of "One". Blige was unbelievable. The Vertigo stage and curtain of lights (all lit in red only) looked naked with no one in the stands.. very eery looking but somehow also very appropriate.

wow. that nearly had me in tears. and i HATE mary j. blige.

great performance. :up:

That DID have me in tears. You could tell Mary was singing straight from the heart. Great performance by U2 and Mary. One of the best versions of "one" ive ever heard :)

am I the only person who didn't like that performance?? :huh: maybe it was the shitty quality of the recording but I spent the whole thing wishing Bono was singing instead of Blige. I'm just not into that style of singing at all and in my opinion she totally ruined the song...and I didn't feel the emotion like I did at Live 8. And One is my favourite song ever.

but whatever, I'm glad people enjoyed it? and props to everyone who participated for doing such.

I will give them all extra love because they are all doing these performances for a very good cause.....however I do not care for Mary J Blige and found myself also wishing it was just Bono performing One in his own soulful way. Still I will give MJB credit as it was obvious she was genuinely into her performance. One is a beautiful song. Especially when performed by U2.

I see I went to the wrong thread with my detailed analysis!:( I put it in the "One Mary j Blige" one....I can't stop listening to it. Too bad they can't take her on the road for that one song, Morleigh-style.

All I can say about Saturday Night's performance is WOW!!! U2 elected to play "Love and Peace or Else" for MTV's Katrina benefits show. No curtain of lights tonight.. just the stage and a lot of spotlights and, again, no one else in sight. Bono was passionate and awesome as were the rest of the band. Totally intense. Loved it! :)

Back
Top Bottom