(09-07-2004) Corbijn Talks New U2 Book - Corbijn Online*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Corbijn Talks New U2 Book

Ed. note -- Below is a snippet from Anton Corbijn's online journal on his official website. Click the link below to read the entire entry.

September 7th 2004

"you would be forgiven to think that i am spending all my time working on my amazingly, massively important U2 book since i haven't written to you since early june i believe. in fact you are totally forgiven for this is THE reason i haven't concentrated on much else the last 4 months. the good news is that i really believe the book is going to be sensational in a couple of ways: first of all i cannot recall a book covering the cooperation of a hugely successful and highly acclaimed rock-band and a kind of decent photographer of 22 years or even coming close to covering this amount of time. secondly, i feel that the way the design is going it will be a very stimulating book visually and i also think, but this is no doubt a subjective view, that the content is unmatched in this field."

To read more, visit: http://www.corbijn.co.uk/agenda_index.htm

"a kind of decent photographer"-- He's WAY too modest. I have his book "Werke", and can't wait to get this as well.

I agree, BrazilianFly. I hope this has tons of stuff we've not seen before. It's too bad about the "severe edit" he says he's having to do with the wealth of material, though. I also hope there is some whimsical, even goofy stuff in there, and not all just gloomy guys in the desert pics. We know the band have a wonderful sense of humour, so I'd like to see more pictures like that one of Bono in the insanely huge fake mustache and the sombrero. I love Corbijn's more experimantal stuff as well. November can't come too soon for me, then it will be U2 overload!

Oh, Anton! :wink:

Here in Italy it's impossible to find his books... when they hit stores they disappear immediately (also because just a few copies hit my Country..)

I didn't know that Anton had a sorta blog on line... Nice to know.

And of course, he's a GREAT photographer. He does know what he wants and what he creats.
I still have in mind his pics I saw in Venice, during a show of his photos. It was great!

Back
Top Bottom