(09-02-2005) UK Premiere: 'All Because of You' -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
(09-02-2005) Update: 'All Because of You' -- U2.com*

Update: "All Because of You"

Editor's Note: Confirmation has come from U2.com regarding the story we posted earlier about "All Because of You" being U2's next single in Europe.

U2's next UK single, All Because of You, is aired on UK TV this weekend.

If you want to catch it, tune in to CD:UK this Sunday morning at 10.50am.

U2.com also posted this additional information about the single's release in Europe:

All Because Of You will be the fourth single release from How To Dismantle
An Atomic Bomb.

The new single, released in the UK on October 10th, will be issued on 2 CDs and DVD.

B-sides include a new version of Miss Sarajevo, recorded live at Milan's San Siro stadium in the summer, as well as an acoustic version of the album track A Man And A Woman.

The DVD features the video for All Because Of You which was shot by Phil Joanou last winter on the back of a truck on Brooklyn Bridge - with a cast of thousands including New York cops, sirens and lots of barely believing fans. Also featured is the video for the last single City of Blinding Lights, shot live in Vancouver on the opening leg of the tour.

More news as we get it.

--U2.com

Last edited:
All Because Of You Single in Europe ???:coocoo: Are they nuts ? aren´t they ?

The single was a complete disaster in the United States :down:, I really don´t know how come they release that song as a single :censored:

I really believe it´s time to forget the Bomb (already out of UK and US charts) and call a day, and releasing tons of unreleased stuff on DVD and CD in the meantime (something like Bob Dylan´s Bootleg Series) :drool: ...and the long awaited 80s and 90s remastered catalog :rockon:

Peace :wave:

ponkine said:
All Because Of You Single in Europe ???:coocoo: Are they nuts ? aren´t they ?

The single was a complete disaster in the United States :down:, I really don´t know how come they release that song as a single :censored:

I really believe it´s time to forget the Bomb (already out of UK and US charts) and call a day, and releasing tons of unreleased stuff on DVD and CD in the meantime (something like Bob Dylan´s Bootleg Series) :drool: ...and the long awaited 80s and 90s remastered catalog :rockon:

Peace :wave:

The US isn't really much of a singles market anymore but singles do still tend to do well in other parts of the world so I wouldn't be too quick to judge how ABOY will do in Europe based on how it did in America.

dsmith2904 said:

The US isn't really much of a singles market anymore but singles do still tend to do well in other parts of the world so I wouldn't be too quick to judge how ABOY will do in Europe based on how it did in America.
Ok let´s see what will happen ;)

PS: I haven´t heard single version yet :shrug:

dsmith2904 said:

well a good way of backing up what you said, sometimes didnt really do anything over in the states, but it got to number 1 here in the UK

B Sides are Miss Sarajevo (Live In Milan)
and Man and a Woman (acoustic)

1. Who cares about singles?
2. Miracle Drug would be better
3. Original of the Species would be better
4. A Man And A Woman would be better
5. Even Love And Peace or Crumb would be better
6. One Step Closer... Well... Who knows...
7. Who cares about singles?

i really dig the single mix. it's one of my favorite songs anyway.

i can't wait to hear a man and a woman acoustically.

Who knows, maybe I am wrong, but I don't think U2 plan on giving up on this album. It seems that they really feel it may be their best work yet and they want to continue to push it. Despite the "last single" news from Universal sweden, I would not be surprised to see U2 tour through 2006 and release additional singles off the album.

Did anyone see cd:uk think morning? I only caught the second half and didn't see the U2 video :hmm:

Talk about flogging a dead horse, this record is nearly a year out of the gates and they're still releasing singles from it! please no more!

A Man and a Woman acoustic??!

Does anyone want to tell me how much more acoustic it can get than the album version?!

Zooropean103 said:
huh? U2 usually release 4-5 singles during the year, I don't know why are you surprised about it?

I know they usually release 4 singles per album, I just feel this time round there's next to no momentium running the album. I feel they'd be better just leaving it at 3 singles this time around. The tour is sold out, and I'm sure if they choose to tour South America and Australia that'll sell out too purely down to the fact they've not played there in so long. Another single from this album feels a single too much. Just my feelings on it, that's all.

The album version is full of production...
an acoustic one will be surely better..

Back
Top Bottom