(08-30-2004) Pre-order U2 "TBA" -- eil.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://eil.com/Gallery/300469.jpg[/SIMG]
Pre-order U2 "TBA"

British music collecticle site eil.com is taking pre-orders on the Japanese version of U2's forthcoming album. The site has two different editions available.

The first is selling for ? 29.99, USD 53.05, ? 43.70 and has the following description:

U2 T.B.A (2004 Japanese CD album including the single 'Vertigo' and scheduled to feature exclusive bonus recording, picture sleeve + obi-strip, more details to follow...).

The second is selling for ? 39.99, USD 70.74, ? 58.27 and has the following description:

U2 T.B.A (2004 Japanese limited edition 2-disc set comprising of CD album including the single 'Vertigo' and scheduled to feature exclusive bonus recording, plus BONUS DVD featuring behind the scenes footages, interviews and studio material, picture sleeve + obi-strip, more details to follow...).

Purchase information for the one-disc set can be found here. The two-disc set can be found here.

Universal Japan has said the new U2 album is being released there on Nov. 17, about a week earlier than has been verified in the United States and Europe. Stay tuned to Interference.com for more U2 release date and pre-order information.

Woohoo! I wonder if the second disc will have B-sides that will appear on singles.

As you can see by the prices (even though those are imports) CD's are very expensive in Japan. Thus, by releasing them a week before the rest of the world (as they've done for many years now) they won't have the negative effect of cheaper imports. That's also a reason why there are often bonus tracks on Japanese CD's, again to battle the imports.
As for the second CD mentioned in that article, I think that's the bonus DVD, not a CD with B-sides (one or two will probably be the bonus tracks on the 'regular' disc).

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
As you can see by the prices (even though those are imports) CD's are very expensive in Japan. Thus, by releasing them a week before the rest of the world (as they've done for many years now) they won't have the negative effect of cheaper imports. That's also a reason why there are often bonus tracks on Japanese CD's, again to battle the imports.
As for the second CD mentioned in that article, I think that's the bonus DVD, not a CD with B-sides (one or two will probably be the bonus tracks on the 'regular' disc).

C ya!

Marty

Thanks for that! I always wanted to know the reason behind the Japanese releases. It doesn't seem fair, but if I lived there I wouldn't complain about the prices if I could get my cds a week sooner than the rest of the world.

Hope I will not be a marketing stunt like:
first the CD and after a week or 2 a CD with bonus disk...
Hate that...cause so you'll have to buy the CD twice

Aardvark747 said:
Will Europe get the same as them? ie- 2 disc packages?

Yes, the album will be released in the following formats:
# CD & DVD limited deluxe box w/ 48 page booklet
# CD & DVD limited in clear tray
# regular 1 CD version
# vinyl

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom