(08-29-2005) U2 Three -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/site_highlights/images/147_teaser.jpg[/SIMG]
U2 Three

Recent months have seen several great new additions to the library of must-have U2 books. At U2.Com we've blagged a whole bunch of them as competition prizes for U2.Com subscribers - a way for you to fill the empty weeks ahead before the opening of the North American leg of Vertigo '05 next month.

Anton Corbijn's 'U2&I' is probably the pick of the bunch for its superb photo-documentary record of nearly a quarter century as the band's favoured photographer. A huge and beautiful publication, it's not cheap either!

'Conversations with Bono' by Michka Assayas has been acclaimed worldwide, the French journalist getting Bono to talk about a vast range of subjects and offering a unique take on the story of U2 from the lead singer.

Quirkiest of the lot has to be 'Killing Bono' by Neil McCormick (published as 'I Was Bono's Doppelganger' in some countries) in which the author, a classmate of the band at school, describes the piercing agony of failing to become a successful and celebrated rock musician.. while watching his friends do just that!

So if you want a set of each of these three gripping yarns, take a look at the devious questions we've come up with below - then send us your answers and complete the unfinished sentence.

The competition is open until the third leg of the tour opens in September and the first correct emails out of our electronic hat will get the prizes. (HERE'S A TIP - you'll find all the answers to the questions in the U2.Com Subscription site.)

What was the name of the band that U2's Tour Manager started out playing guitar and piano with ?

At which 1990's protest concert were two b-side releases from a recent U2 single originally recorded ?

What was the name of the English airport from where Vertigo Air took the band to Vienna after Live 8 ?

Name seven support acts who have performed with U2 on the European leg of Vertigo '05 ?

Who got married on a Rolling Stones tour and divorced on the next one ?

And finally please complete the following sentence in not more than thirty words:

I think one song that U2 have not played on Vertigo '05 which they should on the third leg this Autumn is ......... Because ............

To enter the contest, click here.

--U2.com

Back
Top Bottom