(08-26-2005) Hanson Covers U2 -- MTV News*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Hanson Covers U2

Hanson's album Live and Electric, due October 11, features the brothers playing all their hits — recorded live last year in Melbourne, Australia — as well as covers of Radiohead's "Optimistic" and U2's "In a Little While." The trio have also produced a documentary, "Strong Enough to Break," about why they decided to set up their own record label. "Our choice to become independent again was about our belief between us and our fans," Taylor Hanson said. "We're passionate about the future of independent music." The documentary will be screened at colleges in each market on their upcoming tour, which kicks off October 18 in Atlanta and runs through November 23 in their hometown of Tulsa, Oklahoma.

--MTV News

Hey i live in Tulsa! lol.. Back in the 1990's my friends and I were crazy about Hanson. they're from here too so that only added to our hype. They just played a local festival in May and someone i know went and said they played "In a Little While" and it was really good :up:

I saw the second show in Melbourne at the Palais Theatre - and their version of 'In A Little While' was awesome. That, and a rocked out version of 'Mmm Bop' means I will be first in line for this CD!!

Catman said:
People talk a lot of smack about Hanson (mainly due to "mmmbop"), but say what you will, they're a pretty good band :up:

I put that song down so many times, and then I actually looked up the lyrics to it one day. I have a lot of respect for Hanson, writing what they did at such a young age. They really do have some talent and I'd like to hear the cover. :up:

you know once I got over the initial cringe factor associated with another band covering a u2 song - not too bad really.
didn't Bono day that mmmbop was one of his favorites? (that being before the trapped in a closet- the R Kelly epic moved into that spot:wink: )

thanks chip

Radiohead and U2? Them boys have good taste! :wink:

I have to admit I rather enjoyed this...a lot...I was surprised at how well he was able to sing it! I declare it a good cover :up: thanks for the upload chizip.

I do think these boys have talent - unfortunately, I haven't heard from them at all since "Mmmbop"! I have no idea what they are like now. Based on this cover of U2, it's clear they are very talented musicians - even doing a good Bono imitation (on what I think is a vocally challenging song - great range in a purposely raspy voice). I wish radio would go back to the way it was in the 80's when one could hear a plethora of artists on the radio, not just pre-selected hits. :sigh:

I'd take Hanson over any of those contrived boy bands. I actually kinda like them. I remember being impressed with the follow-up to mmmbop...can't remember the title, but it was a pretty deep song for such little people.

This sounds like an mmmbad idea to me. I can't hear them pulling off Bono's gorgeous falsetto.

I have to add that I'm impressed that Hanson is even still around. They've proven they're dedicated to being musicians and not to simply getting rich quick.

Speaking of "In A Little While," this is apparently Brandon from the Killers' fave U2 song. I'd like to see what the Killers could do with this one once Brandon's concert voice is able to handle more ahem, soulful singing.

angelordevil said:
I'd take Hanson over any of those contrived boy bands. I actually kinda like them. I remember being impressed with the follow-up to mmmbop...can't remember the title, but it was a pretty deep song for such little people.

The song you're thinking of is "Where's The Love."

Not bad,but it still doesn't beat the best U2 cover ever and it's done by Tori Amos and her version of "Running to stand still".

This is actually amazing! I have a friend who is obsessed with Hanson like I am with U2. She likes U2 and was excited when I gave her this news about them covering U2 on the upcoming cd. I did like Hanson's last album, and I have to agree that MMMbop ruined their career. Very talented musicians, songwriters and singers. Tis a shame indeed that they're not as popular as they should be.

Im not affraid to admit its one of the best covers ive heard thats for sure.

A lot of people have the wrong idea about Hanson. They're pretty good, abliet somewhat inconsistant.

Decent/pretty good performance of IALW.

Back
Top Bottom