(08-26-2005) Campbell Still Close to Clayton - ContactMusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
CAMPBELL STILL CLOSE TO CLAYTON

Supermodel NAOMI CAMPBELL is still good friends with her ex-fiance, U2 bassist ADAM CLAYON, despite their broken engagement.

The British beauty, 35, and Clayton, 45, were briefly engaged in 1993, but Campbell remains a huge fan of Clayton and his band.

Campbell enthuses, "U2 are the world's greatest rock band and close friends of mine.

"Their new album (HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB) does not disappoint."

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/campbell still close to clayton

I had a feeling this was true given how much Bono and Ali have been associated with her. I hope Naomi overcomes her anger issues (could that have been a reason for the broken engagement?) as I do think she is a decent person overall.

I have to say I'm not surprised.

As for the Naomi-hate that Adam fans like to generate, it's getting old, my god ple. it's been more than 10 years, move on! (I believe they have). Besides even Bono states that in alot of ways they were good together. Ple. can be very different in private, I think the worst thing she did was be a drama queen, which probably suited Adam at the time lol.

:reject: Sorry for the rant, I'm sort of carrying some resentment from another similar thread on another board. :reject:

I heard Naomi was dating Usher? I never liked her & Adam together. I like his lady friend--Susie Smith. She's much cuter. You know I know them personally and all (ok maybe not.) :ohmy:

matt76 said:
It's nice to see somedecent U2 news on interference.com!

NOT!

Let's be nice here. We post all the news we can find and we work hard doing it. No reason to insult. It's a slow news day, and we're all just going to have to deal with that.

I read somewhere that Bono got out of the car and started walking because of Adam's "problem." So there may be some truth there regarding the break up.

Bono's Doll said:
I read somewhere that Bono got out of the car and started walking because of Adam's "problem." So there may be some truth there regarding the break up.

What "problem" are u talking about exactly.... inquiring minds would like to know... please. :wink:

Zooropa man said:

What "problem" are u talking about exactly.... inquiring minds would like to know... please. :wink:

To paraphrase Bono: 'Adam has the most gaseous ass known to man' ie his farts are frequent and nearly deadly lol.

Never had any intentions of insulting him. I'm sure that if they wanted that kept quiet, Bono would never had quoted that. And if the fellas should see this during their well-deserved break, well, at least it should be known that Adam and I have one thing in common. I just have to remember not to eat spicy foods when I'm out with my buddies.

Last edited:
Lally1011 said:
Never had any intentions of insulting him. I'm sure that if they wanted that kept quiet, Bono would never had quoted that. And if the fellas should see this during their well-deserved break, well, at least it should be known that Adam and I have one thing in common. I just have to remember not to eat spicy foods when I'm out with my buddies.

I don't think anyone found it insulting. Quite the opposite it seems.

Bono's Doll said:
I heard Naomi was dating Usher? I never liked her & Adam together. I like his lady friend--Susie Smith. She's much cuter. You know I know them personally and all (ok maybe not.) :ohmy:

Susie:scratch: looks cuter than Naomi a supermodel?

REALLY....:huh: OK

I do agree with Adam and Naomi not making a good couple and her and Usher dated for about 6 mos in 2004. I heard she is now dating a Spanishmale model:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom