(08-24-2006) Rachel Ray Wants to Dinner With Bono -- WPVI*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Rachel Ray Wants to Dinner With Bono

Food Network star Rachel Ray is promoting her upcoming talk show. In a recent interview with ABC affiliate WPVI, she said:

Q: If you could have dinner party with anyone (living or dead), who would you invite?

RR: Of course, I'd have my husband John and my mom Elsa. If I could invite some loved ones that are no longer with us, I'd have my grandfather and my dog Boo. As far as living, I'd have Bono, Bill Clinton, Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters, Madeleine Albright, Anderson Cooper, Christine Amanpour, Will Ferrell, and Jon Stewart. Oh, and Charlie Walk, the president of Epic Records. Charlie Walk should be at everything!

Sounds like a lineup Bono would be comfortable with.

So Rachel Ray wants to dinner with Bono. Don't we all. Well i was a HUGE Rachel Ray fan until she came to NY and did a radio show. the women there were very excited to meet her. she snubbed every single woman at the radio station. turns out, she doesn't speak to women very much. she will only deal with men. seems she thinks that she is better than the average woman. so i took that with a grain of salt. then i read an article on her in redbook or may have been good housekeeping last month. she even admits to it in the article! not in those exact words of course, but she does elude to it. i would laugh if she cooked for Bono and he told her he'd rather eat at McDonalds!!

I'm not a Rachel Ray fan -- I can't stand the accent (get some voice training!) and her hammy behavior, no pun intended. I think we're going to get sick of her real fast once her talk show is on every day.

silvrlvr said:
I'm not a Rachel Ray fan -- I can't stand the accent (get some voice training!) and her hammy behavior, no pun intended. I think we're going to get sick of her real fast once her talk show is on every day.

:yes: She's turned into quite the village idiot. Coincidentally, they've given her her own talk show... :yikes:

:lol:

I haven't watched her enough to form an opinion, but I would love to be at THAT dinner party. Goes without saying Bono, but Clinton, Albright, Cooper, Amanpour and Jon Stewart would be the ultimate. :wink:

I am not a Rachel Ray fan. I Agree she was tolerable in her meager beginnings then when she gained more fame her head blew out of proportion which happens to some celebrities. She just doesn't seem genuine to me and I have no interest in her shows nor could I care who she wants to have dinner with!

rachael_chocolat.jpg

Rachel, gimme some sugar.

sue4u2 said:
I haven't watched her enough to form an opinion, but I would love to be at THAT dinner party. Goes without saying Bono, but Clinton, Albright, Cooper, Amanpour and Jon Stewart would be the ultimate. :wink:

:hmm: :up:

Shouldn't it be "dine" with Bono, or "eat dinner" with Bono? Whats all this "wants to dinner with Bono" crap!

I'm sorry to hear that Rachael has admitted that she prefers to deal with men. I like her enthusiasm, and her magazine is really well done. (I'm an editor, I notice these things.)

Then again, she IS a Red Sox fan...:madspit:

Diane L said:
I'm sorry to hear that Rachael has admitted that she prefers to deal with men. I like her enthusiasm, and her magazine is really well done. (I'm an editor, I notice these things.)

Then again, she IS a Red Sox fan...:madspit:

With respect, I don't understand why admitting you get along better with men is seen as a fault. Why does that make her less likeable? She didn't seem to have a problem with Oprah taking her under her wing. Ofcourse Oprah is on a whole other playing field! Who wouldn't be respectful of her power and influence right? :) But from what I can tell, Rachel seems pretty smart but yes annoying sometmes.
Until I meet her and find her rude to me personally, I will withhold my judgement on her. We should support each other!
:hug:

Her voice annoys me. I kind of like her show where she makes the food in half an hour, except she makes the most exotic things, you'd have to spend nearly $100 on each meal! I guess I don't really care whether or not she'd like to have dinner with Bono. Good for her. :shrug:

Rachel has one of those love her/hate her personalities. Her quirky cooking terms may rub some the wrong way. I find her $40/day shows interesting (though my daughter notes that she never finds a meal that she doesn't like).

Back
Top Bottom