(08-23-2005) A Bluer Kind of White -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
A Bluer Kind of White

The U2.Com Shop has a new look - and a new range!

Our Store has just taken delivery of a range of new stock. As well as a great collection of 'Vertigo//05' merchandise, we've also got North American and Dublin tour shirts.

Take a sec to check it all out here.

(In case you missed it, the retail-sales kind of headline to this story is from a rather wonderful song called Zooropa. Remember that?)

--U2.com

dsmith2904 said:

(In case you missed it, the retail-sales kind of headline to this story is from a rather wonderful song called Zooropa. Remember that?)

--U2.com

wow

I loved, loved, loved POPmart, but I'll never understand why they didn't play a real version of Lemon. I mean, they got out of a giant lemon.

Last edited:
so basically they're flogging off all the merchandise that didn't sell at the shows and trying to make it look like a "new shipment of stock"

nice

digsy said:
so basically they're flogging off all the merchandise that didn't sell at the shows and trying to make it look like a "new shipment of stock"

nice

That's what it looks like, haha!

I love all the leftover CA concert posters for 1/2 off... :)

I'm excited to have a chance to buy posters for those California dates because I didn't get to grab them at the time. And at least they are being offered at a discount, the U2 shop could put them out there as limited-edition collectibles, souvenirs from the first Vertigo shows, and charge two or three times as much.

Is it weird that I feel slightly insulted that they felt they had to include that little footnote? :laugh:

It also kind of kills any coolness to the reference. :|

I don't really get why "A Bluer Kind of White" has anything to do with them adding merchandise to the store anyway :der:

Maybe when people order shirts that are supposed to be white, they will actually be blue, and when people contact them to complain, they can just say, "Didn't you read the headline?"

Chizip said:
I don't really get why "A Bluer Kind of White" has anything to do with them adding merchandise to the store anyway :der:

well i guess the whole zooropa lyrics, well at least the first part, were a play on commercials "a bluer kind of white ... mild and green and squeaky clean.... could be yours tonight" etc... so i guess its kind of like playing on the lyrics and advertising their store which i guess is what zooropa was about, at least the first part, advertisments.

i could be wrong but i doubt it

I was in an advertising class, and my group had to do a presentation on different types of advertising, so we used Powerpoint and had "Zooropa" playing in the background. :drool:

I might have sprung for a vintage shirt if the headline would have been "We're mild and green and squeaky clean"
:wink:

Does anybody remember these blueish Zooropa T-shirts that were sold at European shows that were all-over print, in a TV-static kind of design, with an image of Bono, as The Fly, smirking, smoking a cigar, and wearing a Zooropa Baby style helmet with antennae? I was crushed when I saw them at the Dublin shows in 1993 and was told that they had all sold out at the previous gig in Cork. They should remake those shirts. It was easily the coolest U2 shirt I've seen, and I would buy several.

Back
Top Bottom