(08-20-2004) U2s Interestingly Named Album Due in November -- chartattack*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
(08-20-2004) U2's Interestingly Named Album Due in November -- chartattack*

U2's Interestingly Named Album Due in November

U2's new album may not have leaked onto the Internet yet, but the band are sure getting a kick out of slowly leaking details about the album and its release. No title has been issued for the disc just yet, but Billboard.com are reporting that the follow-up to All That You Can't Leave Behind will hit North American stores on November 23. The album will be released in international markets the previous day.

As for the album's title, the band are keeping quiet, but author Neil McCormick, who is close friends with the band offered some cryptic comments to Ireland's Hot Press Magazine. McCormick said the disc had "an interesting title, and interesting philosophical idea as a title and quite a difficult title."

We do know, however, that the first single from the disc will be a song called "Vertigo." "Vertigo" will pop up on radio and video television next month. And, for countries that actually buy commercial singles, the song will be released in record stores on November 8.

U2 have already managed to drum up a lot of hype for the new album, partially due to the four year gap since the release of their last album. That hype was heightened when the band announced that a personal advance copy of the album was stolen from a recent photo shoot in France. The world held its breath to see if the album's content would surface online, but thus far it seems like the disc was simply lost or taken by a thief with poor technical skills.

--chartattack

Why does his description lead me to believe that the title will be "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb"?

an interesting philosophical idea
quite difficult
interesting title

It's their's to title however they wish, but awkward doesn't begin to describe either ATYCLB or HTDAAB. Something succinct and/or jaunty would have been nice.

If it were named "HTDAAB" i'm certain it wouldn't take long before people shorten that name when talking about it to simply "ATOMIC BOMB"... certainly not the message U2 would want to spread.

Plus the fact that if a conversation about the new U2 album were to arise on the plane... well...

"You heard that new U2 album yet?"
"Oh yah what's it called, Atomic Bomb?"
"Yah it's..."
"Everybody down on the floor!"

Nah... can't get away with the word "Bomb" in a title these days... though it would be funny to see something like that occur :D

Edit: Sorry didn't realise italics doesn't work in this thing.

Last edited:
I don't like the title "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb." I think they've been drinking too much and have lost most of their reasoning capacity.

**remembers the Vertigo record label graphic in the 70's and gets dizzy** I think you are right about ppl abbrev. that name to Atomic Bomb. We'll know soon:applaud:
it's gonna be good whatever it's called :hyper:I still would have liked the title "solar" but that doesn't fit description of "difficult"
the album names must be as hard to pick as band names, they've got it right so far. U2
November 23 is close to my youngest son's birthday. I'll get him the CD and hopefully a guitar....new songs from U2 :hyper:

I do hope the album will not be released with all sorts of stupid copy right protection schemes. The clever download monkey's will always find ways to crack it and all it does really is f*** up my system. It would even deter my from buying the CD.

Back
Top Bottom