(08-18-2006) Jacknife Lee to Produce U2 Newie -- Hot Press*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Jacknife Lee to Produce U2 Newie

Hot Press has the following scoop on the next U2 album. Registered members can get the complete story here. Stay tuned to Interference.com for more information as we get it.

Garrett ‘Jacknife’ Lee’s management company, Big Life, have confirmed that the producer is about to start work on the follow-up to "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" with U2.

Here's what Big Life's website has to say:

Garret is soon to begin work with the Editors on their new album and will rejoin U2 for a month in September for what is sure to be another highly creative recording session.

8/22 Update
BrainL tipped us off to the following interesting change to Big Life's profile on Lee:

In September Garret will begin work on the new Editorsalbum.

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:

I think the band will always bring in Daniel Lanois and Steve Lillywhite to play a part in whatever album it makes.

Agreed-
I also think Rubin will still play a part as well-

This is GREAT news...

we should hear some leaking by October when the trees are stripped bare of all they wear and the boys are rockin' again and that I do care...

Fantastic news, and no surprise that the band is bringing him back for this album. They all loved his tweaks and "insect noises," as Bono called them, that he inserted into the HTDAAB mix

New tracks....new tour. :rockon:

I sure wish there were payroll deductions for concert tickets.

Suddenly Rubin doesn't sound so bad huh?
I don't really hear any signature sound from Jacknife and I also think Snow Patrol is WAaay over rated.
I love Eno Lanois. Why so many people badmouth them is beyond me. They helped produce JT, AB and Zooropa.
Three distinctly different sounding albums.

Iskra said:
Suddenly Rubin doesn't sound so bad huh?
I don't really hear any signature sound from Jacknife and I also think Snow Patrol is WAaay over rated.
I love Eno Lanois. Why so many people badmouth them is beyond me. They helped produce JT, AB and Zooropa.
Three distinctly different sounding albums.

Amen.

Jacknife Lee, the producer who gave us One Step Closer & A Man And A Women. Yeah.

Well, from what I heard this morning on KROQ is that Rubin is in the studio with Linkin Park working on their new album and that won't hit the stores sometime before or after Christmas. It rises some interesting questions weather or not he will be involved in the new U2 album, don't you think?

Zooropa man said:
Well, from what I heard this morning on KROQ is that Rubin is in the studio with Linkin Park working on their new album and that won't hit the stores sometime before or after Christmas. It rises some interesting questions weather or not he will be involved in the new U2 album, don't you think?
not sure, there reporting jacknife lee is only spending a month with U2, so this leaves the door open for someone else, maybe further along in the recoring process to come in and give his opinion, maybe this could be rubin?

once again this is all just rumours, the main thing is, it sound more and more likley the band is about to go back into the studio to record for what sounds like a new album :)

Last edited:
The way I understand it both Rubin and now Jacknife Lee will spend a month (September) with the band.

:shrug:

Now things are fairly the same as HTDAAB :|

remember when the band recorded with a bunch of guys and finally they decided (as always) to use their ab-used Eno, Lillywhite and Lanois team?.

That only proves the band is unfocused and short of ideas once again :ohmy:

Surely whithin a few months the news will say that the band is going to work with ... Eno, Lillywhite And Lanois

ATYCLB III is coming soon

KUEFC09U2 said:
not sure, there reporting jacknife lee is only spending a month with U2

Actually it said ANOTHER month. And Rubin is supposed to come in and mix it. Maybe they're alot further along than we thought. I'm beginning to think we may be looking at a spring 07 release, which would certainly make more plausible all those summer stadium tour rumors we'd been hearing.

And even though I hate Hacknife, another U2 album is a definately a day brightener!

ponkine said:

remember when the band recorded with a bunch of guys and finally they decided (as always) to use their ab-used Eno, Lillywhite and Lanois team?.

Surely whithin a few months the news will say that the band is going to work with ... Eno, Lillywhite And Lanois

awesome! thanks for putting it that way. you just got me even more excited for the new album!

PS. ponkine, what's your favorite song from ATYCLB?

god this is awesome!

ponkine said:

how can they be short of ideas, if there are already songs?. also maybe they have now made the choice to have jacknife lee as producer and rick rubin as engineer?,

dont forget, you dont have to buy the album, which i am sure you wont

mikal said:

awesome! thanks for putting it that way. you just got me even more excited for the new album!

PS. ponkine, what's your favorite song from ATYCLB?

god this is awesome!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I know I'm pumped! Like ponkine, I love ATYCLB!

do you guys remember what jacknife lee did to Ave Maria?

he's probably the worst guy in music.

U2Man said:
do you guys remember what jacknife lee did to Ave Maria?

he's probably the worst guy in music.

no. that title will always belong to Scott Stapp.

Snowlock said:

Actually it said ANOTHER month.

It says he will rejoin the band for another creative session.

I think this simply means U2 is working with Jacknife again, after HTDAAB.

Back
Top Bottom