(08-17-2004) Rumor: New U2 Song and Lyrics -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Rumor: New U2 and Lyrics

Interference.com members have been busy deciphering lyrics from what appears to be a new U2 song. The song, which can be found here http://www.stuckinamoment.net/Songs/U2_90_second_clip_Vertigo.mp3, seems to have been recorded by some fans near the beach, as a coversation and the sound of crashing waves are obscuring the music. The title "Vertigo" has been given to the song because that word was picked out of the lyrics.

To read what Interferencers have made of the lyrics, click here http://forum.interference.com/t95021.html.

This leak, and its origins, have not been officially commented on.

I figured it out but I can't post the correct url as I am a newbie at the forum. Let's see if I can explain it and if someone figures it out, they can post.

1. Click on the link and delete everything before world wide web stuckinamoment

2. Change all instances of %252F after that to a simple /

That should work.

Too cool. Sounds sorta like Until The End of The World at the end.....Sounds like 11 o clock tick tock at the beginning. :drool:

The most telling thing I could hear, was the little breakdown/sweep thing at the end, and then the hook kicks back in. Sounds nice, and big!!!
Worth the download, but still have to buy the real deal.........

Yes, there are some Spaniards talking. Couldn't they just keep their mouths shut :mad: ? To me, it's a bit like 'Electrical Strom' recorded on 'Boy'. Love it so far.:love:

this is f~cking amazing!!!!!!!!!! what a song!!! i know it isn't too clear but this is right on the button, this is true u2...just as they should sound!!! thank GOD!!! i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The muzak is kewl! I like the part where it sounds like a tape reel coming to a stop (effect) then the guitars come crashing in. Yeah!! Also like the: Whoh,whoh, whoh's!! Edge also has some power chords goin'on there.

Perhaps my favorite effect is the people talking over the music:madspit: Anyone know what these bozos are saying??

Special thanks to THAT GUY! You made my day, bro.

Last edited:
people are goign to be shocked when they find the spanish guys talking are actually part of the mix.

It's pretty hard to tell what the spanish guys are saying except that at one point they say "let's move closer" and then one says "it's good" and the other replies "yeah, it's good". Then I think I hear them say the word "pirata" which refers to a pirated-piece of music, I think.

Back
Top Bottom