(08-17-2004) Exclusive: Confirmed - First Single, Album Release Date - Interference*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ericbunny said:
when is it on the radio???? it is 18th august today, can't be long then??? must be a matter of days no? or even hours?

As the article said, it's going to be 24 September (and U2log.com says that it's going to be 22 September for Europe!).

8th november single date

@u2 are reporting that it is official from universal that 24th sept is the date it hits he radio and 8th november is when it is released into the shops...i now go to bed disappointed...

exclusive news on the formats of the jap version of the new album

Japanese Release Details
Source: http://www.u2arg.com/

August 21, 2004

Universal Japan has announced details on U2?s upcoming releases in Japan. The new album is scheduled for release there on November 17 in the following formats (price listings per Tower Records Japan):

* Regular 1 CD version (Island UICI-1037 / 2600 yen)

* CD & DVD limited (Island UICI-9007 / 3500 yen)

* CD & DVD limited with a hardback book (Island UICI-9008 / 5000 yen)

The ?Vertigo? single (Island UICI-5017 /1260 yen) will be available in stores on November 10.

Note from Mod.: Great news for U2 Collectors/Import buyers!!

manila is also waiting... we're counting not just by the days or weeks but seconds.... yipeee! feels like waiting for NEW YEAR'S DAY!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :applaud: :applaud:

More news on the 'Vertigo' single- U2 have covered electro legends KRAFTWERK on their new single, NME.COM. can reveal.

A cover of the German group’s ‘Neon Lights’ will feature on the single ‘Vertigo’, which is out on November 8.

The track is the first single from the band’s as-yet-untitled 11th album. The song was recorded at Hanover Keys studio in Dublin and produced by Steve Lillywhite.

Other B-sides are new song ‘Are You Gonna Wait Forever?’, and a remix of the title track by Jack Knife Lee. The single will come out on two CDs and DVD single, featuring a video for the song.

Last edited:
Japanese release of "Atomic Bomb"

I'm an American living in Japan, and I was thrilled to see that the new U2 CD went on sale here this past Tuesday.

I picked up the DVD/CD combo for about 3400 yen, which is roughly $35. It includes a bonus track not listed on the back cover - track #12 "Fast Cars."

And the DVD is all-region, so the same as everybody's elses I suppose.

Have only listened a few times, but I'm really liking the new album so far - great "live" feel to many of the tracks.

Booklet does include all the lyrics and I also got a Japanese lyric sheet and bio of the Band.

Cheers,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom