(08-16-2005) Athlete and Snow Patrol Battle To Become U2 - ContactMusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
ATHLETE AND SNOW PATROL BATTLE TO BECOME U2

ATHLETE are locked in a battle with fellow British band SNOW PATROL to see who can become the next U2 first.

Athlete frontman JOEL POTTS and Snow Patrol guitarist NATHAN CONNELLY decided to instigate their race to become superstars while watching U2 play in the Netherlands recently.

Potts says, "We were in Germany when we first got asked to support U2 and we just laughed. It was kind of one of those dreams. It was the same with REM.

"We supported U2 in Amsterdam and I was standing with Nathan from Snow Patrol.

"U2 were incredible and everyone was just standing singing at the top of their voices. I was going, 'I want this', and so was Nathan. We ended up going, 'I'll race you.'

"We'd love to nick (steal) their crowd."
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/athlete and snow patrol battle to become u2

To read our recent interview with Snow Patrol, go here.

Best of luck to both!

Words of advice:
We are most vunerable during the years :)wink:) between the end of U2's touring and the initial leaks of their next album!

Snow Patrol are already better than U2, atleast in the past few years. Final Straw was better than Hut Dab and on a par with ATYCLB.

However, I don't want 'competitive music'. Thats just stupid and what we are getting with all the recent trendy NME bands, competition to see who can come up with new sounds. The greatness is missing and the shine quickly rubs off these bands in due course.

hahahahahahah Snow Patrol sucks so much that they need another singer and lots of help from many poeple.... at least the Berlin concert was absolutely TERRIBLE!!!!:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom