(08-15-2006) 'U2 By U2' Scooplet in Fashion Rocks -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
"U2 By U2" Scooplet in Fashion Rocks

Fashion Rocks, the music and fashion supplement packaged with various Conde Nast publications, includes a bit of scoop on the upcoming "U2 By U2."

In the "Can You Read the Music?" column, Lauren Waterman writes:

And speaking of artifacts, "U2 By U2" (HarperCollins) is the "definitive, official" history of the band, a 352-page tome bursting with exclusive unpublished photos and first-person narration from The Edge et al. (The book is sure to satisfy even the truly dedicated: In one section, we learn of Bono's problems with his vocal cords and anxieties about his health, which are finally resolved when he's diagnosed with allergies.)

The magazine also shows a different cover than the one that has been posted on Amazon.com and U2.com, the Fashion Rocks' book cover featuring an Elevation-era U2 whereas previously shown covers feature a "Boy"-era band.

"U2 By U2," written by the band and longtime friend Neil McCormick, will be released on Sept. 26.

I did as well. I reserved a deluxe edition. The book collector in me wouldn't let me overlook the limited edition. At least I'll get free shipping.

This limited, numbered edition of 5,000 - 10,000 copies worldwide is exquisitely bound and boxed with an exclusive facsimile of U2's first ever gig poster (outside Dublin), printed to the original size.

Source: Amazon.de Reduced from €130 to €108 exclusive Amazon price.

Still too much for me.

Thanks, I ordered it for finally $87, which is about €69 :)

Now I will ask my mother if they will make it a christmas/birthday present for me.

I don't know about this now. If I pay $80 and just get a poster with the book, that doesn't really seem worth it. :huh: Either way, I am really excited about this book! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom