(08-13-2005) On the Road: Stairway to Vertigo -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
On the Road: Stairway to Vertigo

U2.com's On the Road series profiling various members of the Vertigo crew is featuring long-time tour manager Dennis Sheehan. To read the complete profile of the man who has worked for an impressive list of artists including Led Zeppelin and Blondie, click here. Snippets are below:

Would Love U2 to Play
I really love Electric Co, it reminds me of those early years when I would be running around after Bono as he climbed up PA stacks or along the trellis of a balcony. It has now taken on a new life and is quite amazingly uplifting.

It used to scare me - with a really boisterous audience you were taking your life in your own hands if you decided to to go out and about and be amongst them. Like when Bono dropped off the balcony at the Sports Arena in Los Angeles, all you could do was hope that the crowd were going to catch him. I had my heart in my mouth.

I remember at one show in Florida when he went out into the audience and asked me to take the flag. When he then grabbed it from me he was still running and I didn’t realise it but it also caught my eye. A couple of minutes later I discovered that my shirt was covered in blood where the tip of the aluminium pole had ripped a piece of skin off my forehead.

Back
Top Bottom