(07-23-2005) Get Bono's Irish Falcon -- Gretsch*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.gretschguitars.com/repository/gretsch/images/G6136I_md.jpg[/SIMG]
Get Bono's Irish Falcon

Gretsch Guitars is now selling a line of replicas based on the green Falcon Bono plays on "One" and other U2 songs.

The gorgeous, wide-bodied guitar includes the phrase "The Goal is Soul" on the pick guard.

The company says of the new guitar:

The Goal is Soul… Bono and Gretsch recently collaborated to create this updated version of the iconic green Gretsch known as the Irish Falcon. Gracing the stages of the current U2 Vertigo tour, the new G6136I incorporates classic Gretsch Falcon specs with an all-new lustrous “Everygreen” finish.

For more information on this guitar that lists at $4,500, visit Gretsch site here

G6136I_md.jpg

Thanks sue4u2!

Last edited:
oh dear
funny how bono is known for his not too brilliant guitar playing skills, yet they want to bring out a guitar.
very expensive to get a similar looking guitar as bono. i suppose it would be good for tribute acts

not impressed:down:

I already lost count of my guitars......think I'll pass on this one. Unless Mr. B out of the kindness of his heart would send me one....then that's a different story.

It is a lovely guitar no doubt. It may be worth the money if it included free lessons from Mr. B himself with the puchase of one.

:|

dsmith2904 said:

In the recent Guitar World interview, Edge said he didn't have any interest in coming out with a signature line of guitars.
Those who can :edge:...play.:rockon: Those who can't :bono:...come out with a guitar like this.:wink:

I've never understood why guitarists would want to buy a signature guitar with some famous rock star's name on it. For that kind of money, a classic guitar shouldn't have Bono shit printed on it. Other than U2 fans, who would want that? If I'm gonna buy a Gretsch for $4,500, give me a Gretsch that's MINE and not Bono's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom