(07-21-2005) U2 in the Studio? - Aftonbladet*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 in the Studio?

Ed. Note - Several readers believe this studio time was to work on a single release for "Original of the Species." Time will tell!

We can only approximate what this article in Aftonbladet, Sweden's biggest newspaper, states without a proper translation tool, but to our understanding, U2 has been in the studio on tour with producer Jacknife Lee, who also worked some knobs during the recording of "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb." If this is true, it gives more creedence to recent statements by Bono and rumors that U2 might try to get another record of fresh material out in 2006.

To read the actual article, visit:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/telegram/0,1082,65488189_640__,00.html

Thanks to Peter!

Last edited:
ouizy said:
I am thinking that it was when they may have rehearsed with the string section for OOTS

Here's what I think it was..........they did some remixing work on "Original Of The Species" for an upcoming single version..........they had strings at the concert because they were filming it, and that concert clip will become the video for "OOTS".

strannix said:
A new U2 album just 2 years after the last one?

:lmao:

It's funny every time I hear it.

sure, it seems unlikely, but didn't zooropa qualify as such? a quickly completed album coming on the heels of a tour? or am I imagining that?
what's bono been 'stating' that would lead us to believe they're going to start laying down a new recording?
seems to me they're feeling relaxed and confident and maybe (one can hope!) inspired for new stuff and I think it would be just so fucking cool for a new one to come soon...the right time for such a thing, right after the halloffame trip and the huge tour, maybe something a little 'immediate' feeling, spontaneous seeming.

cheers all!

ShellBeThere said:

sure, it seems unlikely, but didn't zooropa qualify as such? a quickly completed album coming on the heels of a tour? or am I imagining that?
what's bono been 'stating' that would lead us to believe they're going to start laying down a new recording?
seems to me they're feeling relaxed and confident and maybe (one can hope!) inspired for new stuff and I think it would be just so fucking cool for a new one to come soon...the right time for such a thing, right after the halloffame trip and the huge tour, maybe something a little 'immediate' feeling, spontaneous seeming.

cheers all!

I don't know specifically what Bono's been saying this time around, but he's a downright terrible authority on these matters. According to him, a new album is always right around the corner. He actually alluded to a possible new album during the Elevation Tour, and while I don't doubt he meant it at the time, we all know how that turned out.

one4u2 said:
:ohmy:

*Decides to have all paychecks forwarded to ticketmaster*
You mean you haven't done so already? :wink:

I'm not betting on a 2006 album but a new Original of the Species sounds great!

ElectricalVoice said:
Maybe it's POP?

:lol:

I was thinking that too...
all those rumors about how we were going to hear POP stuff on the euro-leg, maybe they rehearsed stuff and got inspired to seriously record the 're-do' they'd been talking about. Or maybe they're recording a single version of OOTS with the new orchestration (sounds fun!) and they'll add a re-done jackknife lee remix or re-production of some pop tunes (bono did mention that it was his daughter's favorite of their's, right?) as a b-side. I'd buy that!

cheers!

Schmeg said:

You mean you haven't done so already? :wink:

!

paycheck? what's a paycheck?
bonus? what's a bonus?
tax refund? what's a tax refund?
what?!! you maxxed your credit caards for WHAT?!!!
are you crazy? you borrowed off your 401k for WHAT?
savings? hahahahahahaha!

....that's sort of my financial situation since Vertigo took over my life! I'd gladly welcome another tour OR album....bring it on!

Back
Top Bottom