(07-20-2006) Bono Appearing at Leaderhsip Summit Conference -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono Appearing Via Video at Leadership Summit Conference

The Leadership Summit conference, held in 130 locations around the country, will include a videocast interview with Bono during session six on Friday, August 11th.

Of Bono, organizers of the conference write:

Lead singer of the rock band U2, Bono is co-founder of DATA – Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa – a group leading efforts in the fight against global poverty and the AIDS pandemic. For his efforts, Bono was awarded TIME Magazine’s 2005 Person of the Year alongside Bill and Melinda Gates.

Following Live Aid in 1985, a 16-hour concert to raise relief for Ethiopian famine victims, Bono spent a summer working at a feeding camp in Ethiopia. After his experience, he then began to use his fame and influence to draw attention to the extreme poverty in Africa. Bono has lobbied world leaders for the cancellation of third world debt and for funding to fight the AIDS pandemic. In 2002, he co-founded DATA, and last year Bono was instrumental in organizing Live 8, a one-day concert held in ten locations worldwide, and leading the ONE Campaign. Keynote speaker for the 54th National Prayer Breakfast last February, Bono continues to promote awareness and advocacy for debt cancellation, aid, and trade reform.

Bill Hybels met Bono through their work in Africa and will discuss these efforts in a personal, video-taped interview.

The conference is described as:

A good leader does more than just scale the next mountain. Leaders must cast a vision so compelling others can see it too. Recruit teams. Encourage innovation. Build solid infrastructures. Create a community. Motivate change. Reach down to pull others up. These are the jobs of a leader; taking new ground, not somewhere else, but right where you are.

Come join us August 10-12, as more than 70,000 men and women gather together for a worldwide event, dedicated to strengthening and sharpening their leadership gifts and abilities. Together we'll unite our hearts and minds to keep dreaming new dreams and to gain new skills for making them a reality.

The Leadership Summit 2006 offers you and every leader on your team a place to rededicate yourselves to God's life-changing work. You'll be challenged to invest your gifts and abilities in the single most important work on this planet—helping your local church reach its full, God-given redemptive potential.

Get the schedule here.

Get a list of locations here

Carek1230 said:
I am going to check out the La Mesa church location in San Diego.

Did you see the pricing on this event?
I just wanted to go and check out the time that Bono will broadcast. I also wanted my kids to go with to see him speak, I think he would be a good influence on them about the needy.

I knew it was taped. I'd still go, but not at those prices, are you kidding me? I'd pay that for a live speech maybe.....I was interested to hear an interview within a group setting--moreover a group setting of a lot of people who are not U2 or Bono fans just to pick up the vibe of the event.

Back
Top Bottom