(07-12-2004) Exclusive: U2's European Release Date Confirmed -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Exclusive: U2's European Release Date Confirmed

Interference.com got the following e-mail from Universal France this morning about U2's upcoming album:

'Release date is confirmed for Europe on Nov 22nd. I've had absolutely no information or whatsoever regarding the us release date.'

Nov. 22nd is a Monday and typically CDs are released in the US on Tuesdays so the 23rd looks like a possibility stateside.

Stay tuned to Interference.com for more updates on the U2 album.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about time we've had some confirmation. I'm still going to wait for official confirmation before I get too excited though.

hmm.....it?s no soooooooo exklusive after i read it on u2achtung.com 3 days ago :) but thx for sharing this info :)

[email]hans@u2tour.de[/email] said:
hmm.....it?s no soooooooo exklusive after i read it on u2achtung.com 3 days ago :) but thx for sharing this info :)

It is exclusive because we got independent confirmation of this news from Universal France. This information may also have been posted elsewhere, but the e-mail quoted in the article is ours alone, we are not reporting it second-hand.

thanks for the info, good to get something solid. Damn, have to wait until November :sad: well, we've waited four years, whats four more months.

Now guys, please call it "Hanover Quay" and not "Vertigo" or "Winter." I love HQ as a name, I think it sounds like a great album title and with their studio-moving situation its relevant, plus casual fans will probably ask "what the hell is that?" which gets peoples attention, reminds me of that one album they had in the 90s...what was it called, Achtung Baby or something?

Last edited:
RademR said:
thanks for the info, good to get something solid. Damn, have to wait until November :sad: well, we've waited four years, whats four more months.

Heh, yeah-course, some people here may get it as a Christmas gift, so those who do would have to wait a little longer than that...but it'd be worth it, so...

Originally posted by RademR
Now guys, please call it "Hanover Quay" and not "Vertigo" or "Winter." I love HQ as a name, I think it sounds like a great album title and with their studio-moving situation its relevant, plus casual fans will probably ask "what the hell is that?" which gets peoples attention, reminds me of that one album they had in the 90s...what was it called, Achtung Baby or something?

True. Out of those three, though, I personally kinda like "Winter". But maybe that's due to the fact that that's my favorite season :shrug:. "Hanover Quay" wouldn't be bad, either, though. I do agree that I'm not crazy about the possiblity of "Vertigo".

Angela

I'm not really fond of any of those three possible album names lol. I'm really not fond of HQ. Just has no depth to it in my opinion. Personally, I think none of those will be the album name. I have a feeling it will be something out of left field that no one has heard a rumor on yet.

I don't think "Hanover Quay" is the greatest title for the new album, but I just like a lot better than the other two options. what do you guys think about the other rumor, that it might be called "how to dismantle an atomic bomb?".

*giddy*:hyper:
Nov. 23 -I will probably be working unbelievably long hours-retail.
*wonders to self about changing trim dept stereo from Christmas music to U2* :hmm: I wonder if they would object.:wink:

:love: I'm so glad to finally hear something. I can't wait till November. It's been a hard year and to hear great news makes the following months bearable! Now I can't wait to get ready for the next tour. ( I hope:p )

Back
Top Bottom