(07-11-2005) Amazon.com Inducts 25 Musicians into Hall of Fame -- Business Wire*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Amazon.com Inducts 25 Musicians into Hall of Fame

July 16 10th Anniversary Event Performers Bob Dylan and Norah Jones among Bestselling All-Time Musicians Inducted into First-Ever Hall of Fame

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 11, 2005--Amazon.com, Inc. (Nasdaq:AMZN - News) today announced its all-time bestselling musicians and inducted them into the first-ever Amazon.com Hall of Fame. Amazon.com is mining its vast repository of sales information from the past decade to celebrate its 10th Anniversary.

Customers can visit the Hall of Fame area of the site at www.amazon.com/halloffame to see the top 25 bestselling authors and musicians (listed below) on Amazon.com over the past 10 years. The bestselling DVDs of all-time will be unveiled on July 13.

Amazon.com Hall of Fame Musicians (listed in order of total units sold):

1. The Beatles 10. The Rolling Stones 19. Jimmy Buffett
2. U2 11. Dave Matthews Band 20. Celine Dion
3. Norah Jones 12. Bruce Springsteen 21. Sting
4. Diana Krall 13. Sarah McLachlan 22. Johnny Cash
5. Eva Cassidy 14. Dixie Chicks 23. Ray Charles
6. Frank Sinatra 15. Josh Groban 24. Van Morrison
7. Santana 16. Elton John 25. Elvis Presley
8. Enya 17. Rod Stewart
9. Bob Dylan 18. Pink Floyd

The Hall of Fame section of the Amazon.com site also includes exclusive content from selected authors, including a story about how John Grisham found the inspiration for his next book, personal stories from James Patterson, and the chilling first chapter of a work in progress by Stephen King. The release of the Hall of Fame lists marks the first time the company has compiled overall purchasing information on authors and musical artists themselves, as opposed to single books or CDs.

July 16th marks 10 years since Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos opened the virtual doors of Amazon.com from his Seattle-area garage. Since 1995, the Web site has expanded its product offerings to include everything from music and video to tennis rackets, live Maine lobsters and loose diamonds, and operates sites for customers in the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, France, Canada, and China.

I guess this proves that the majority of kids under 17 do not buy CDs from Amazon.

that's exactly what an "all time chart" should always look like: U2, the second greatest rock band of all times, only behind the greatest band of all times (the Beatles)

2Hearts said:
I guess this proves that the majority of kids under 17 do not buy CDs from Amazon.

So, where's the top 25 8-track sales list?

Hilareous, 2Hearts... Though, I would guess the demographic is 30+ and all white men (yes, even Enya...you know who you are!)...

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom