(07-07-2006) 'Let's Not Let Anyone off the Hook Here ...' -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
"Let's Not Let Anyone off the Hook Here"

New video where Bono explains that campaigners have to 'roll up their sleeves' to get the politicians to keep their promises on Africa.

A year after the leaders of the richest countries promised huge new support to fight poverty in the poorest countries, they are not walking their talk.

View Bono's message to campaigners.

--U2.com

I'm starting to boycott paying attention to Bono's non-U2 related activities, honestly.

I understand that Bono's heart is in the right place,but for the love of god,we really need a break from Bono the activist.Didn't he promises us that he wanted to concentrate more on writing songs this year and be more low profile about poverty and Africa?

Please,just leave the activist job to Geldof and Angelina Joli for the year...the fans need a break,because it's getting tougher and tougher to be a U2 fan and defend you with U2 bashers.

Bono will NEVER stop with the activism because that is where his heart is and that's what he is really committed to and will always be, like it or not. If you do not agree with what he does, simply do not watch or read it. I do not understand why you have to "defend" being an U2 fan, I mean, I can think of worse things that stars are doing that really are tough to defend, but Bono ... he's a good guy. A little nuisance, yes, and he knows that very well, but in order to keep the issue in the news, I guess this is what he has to do.
And who says he's not working on music? Just because he's doing a little video for Yahoo?

last unicorn said:
Bono will NEVER stop with the activism because that is where his heart is and that's what he is really committed to and will always be, like it or not. If you do not agree with what he does, simply do not watch or read it. I do not understand why you have to "defend" being an U2 fan, I mean, I can think of worse things that stars are doing that really are tough to defend, but Bono ... he's a good guy. A little nuisance, yes, and he knows that very well, but in order to keep the issue in the news, I guess this is what he has to do.
And who says he's not working on music? Just because he's doing a little video for Yahoo?

Didn't Bono said he is sometimes sick of Bono...and he's Bono?Look,i am not asking him to put aside his activist hat for ever.I bought the "Make poverty History" wristband on the last tour and i'm proud to wear it on my left wrist,because, like i said,his heart is in the right place.and it's among the reasons why i love this band.But he's the one who said earlier this spring that he wanted to be more low profile about his activities outside the band.

I just wish he would spend more time writing songs like he promises instead of writing speeches for a G8 economic summit in Europe or a dinner speech in Michigan or Dallas.

I know. I wish he could balance it out. I am proud of Bono. I don't believe he's taking any of this easy. I hope he'll get to make some new music. I have no idea how his schedule looks like for the next months, but I am sure it will be nothing like during the work on the Bomb album, where he was away so much.

Bono is a hero to millions of people worldwide. He is the voice of the voiceless. In essence, he is just doing his job. Give the man a break, please.

Once people wake up to the reality that this is a worthwhile and nessacary "cause" I am sure Bono will gladly go away. Making music is much more important than saving lives afterall and nobody could blame him for wanting to be more selfish/arrogant like his older reputation says he is.

:huh:

*deleted since the obvious hard truth would probably have offended

i'll save this for another time, and a better place.

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:
*deleted since the obvious hard truth would probably have offended

i'll save this for another time, and a better place.

This is not like you.

last unicorn said:

:applaud:

It's his faith that's why he does what he does. I mean I don't see many other rock n roll stars doing what he does!! Keep up the great Work..

Zoomerang96 said:

i have no idea what's wrong with me anymore.

It must be all of that "obvious hard truth" getting to you.

Can you define that, by the way? ("obvious hard truth", I mean) Just wondering.

Or should I say "7ust wondering"? (Or would that be a pointlessly tiresome way of expressing it?)

"We should have dates as soon as tomorrow for you" - Its a bitch when people dont keep their word.......

Back
Top Bottom