(07-07-2005) Doing Politics in Scotland -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/news/images/bonobush.jpeg[/SIMG]
Doing Politics in Scotland

Bono has spent the day lobbying G8 leaders in Scotland to make a difference for the poorest countries over the next three days.

In a string of high-powered meetings, Bono, sometimes joined by fellow Make Poverty History activists Bob Geldof and Richard Curtis, has had discussions with Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin, German Chancellor Gerard Schroeder, British Prime Minister Tony Blair and US President George Bush.

The leaders of the richest eight countries in the world are meeting at Gleneagles in Scotland over the next three days and tackling poverty in Africa tops the agenda.

At 'Live 8 The Final Push' in Edinburgh tonight - where 60,000 fans gathered to show their support - Bono was also on hand with a box containing the electronic details of 38million people who have joined the Live 8 campaign, pledging their support for the poorest countries.

'In this box are 38 million people who are ready to go to work on this issue, and that's just the Live 8 campaign. 'When you add to that 157 million people who signed up for the global action against poverty in 75 countries, I would call that permission to spend your money.'

Bono introduced former South African president Nelson Mandela who delivered an address on a giant TV screen.

More on the G8 meetings as we get it.

Photo : Reuters

--U2.com

nbcrusader said:
Too bad the bombings in London will distract the work of the G8

not a coincidence, clearly...

I wish I knew what to write to express what I feel... it's all so absurd.
People were going to work, in a common day, and had to pass through this hell.

I wish if it has still a sense to wonder if we will ever live in peace...

Back
Top Bottom