(07-05-2007) Classic U2 live show to be released on DVD - NME.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
Classic U2 live show to be released on DVD

The PopMart Mexico show gets spruced up

U2's PopMart tour performance from Mexico City in 1997 is to be released on DVD later this year.

'Live From Mexico City', filmed at the Foro Sol Autodromo on December 3 of that year, was made available on video in 1998 - this will be the first time it has been made available on DVD.

The stage set up on the tour notoriously featured a giant mirrorball lemon, a 100ft cocktail stick complete with olive, and the works of Lichtenstein, Warhol and Haring.

The tracklisting is as follows:

Disc One:

'Pop Muzik'
'Mofo'
'I Will Follow'
'Gone'
'Even Better Than The Real Thing'
'Last Night On Earth'
'Until The End Of The World'
'New Year's Day'
'Pride (In The Name Of Love)'
'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'
'All I Want Is You'
'Desire'
'Staring At The Sun'
'Sunday Bloody Sunday'
'Bullet The Blue Sky'
'Please'
'Where The Streets Have No Name'
'Lemon'
'Discotheque'
'If You Wear That Velvet Dress'
'With Or Without You'
'Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me'
'Mysterious Ways'
'One'
'Wake Up Dead Man'

Disc Two (limited edition):

Bonus live tracks - 'Please'/'Where The Streets Have No Name'/'Discothèque'/'If You Wear That Velvet Dress'(All recorded live at Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam on July 18, 1997)

'Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me'/'Mysterious Ways'/'One'(All recorded live at Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton on June 14, 1997)

Bonus video tracks - 'Staring At The Sun (Miami version)'/'Last Night On Earth (First Night In Hell (Remix version)'

Documentaries - 'Lemon For Sale'/'The Road To Sarajevo'/'A Tour Of The Tour'/'Last Night On Earth (One Day In Kansas)'

http://www.nme.com/news/29423

isn't there an australian dvd cd coming out too? I can't find the release date.

urgh...i didn't know the shit on U2's shoe that is Last Night On Earth (First Night in Hell Mix) was going to be soiling this disc...:eyebrow:

Finally!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - The first 30-40 minutes of this concert (Pop Muzik thru New Year's Day) are as good as any U2 live performance I've ever seen. People love to bash POP and the POPMART tour but the boys were playing with fire and attitude to spare. A big F.U. to all POPMART haters!

Hmm, not quite sure about this, I am not a Popmart fan. I love the album, but I am not a fan of the tour. I really tried to get into that stuff, but it just doesn't do much for me. But for those of you who are waiting to get the DVD I hope that this is the final release date and that it will actually be out on September, 10. Good luck and have fun.

Here is yet another way we can all help:

If enough of you join this swarm, it is free, and we can get the band or management involved -- this might just work.

*link removed by Bonochick*

Last edited by a moderator:
BWU2Buffs, you already had two threads where you posted that link closed. Simply tacking it on as a reply to another thread won't fly either.

Back
Top Bottom