(07-05-2005) U2 win court clothes battle - Ireland Online*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 win court clothes battle

U2 today won back a stetson hat and other items worn by Bono during the 1987 Joshua Tree Tour which had been taken by their former stylist.

The band had sued Lola Cashman, who attempted to put the Stetson, a pair of metal hooped earrings, a green sweatshirt and a pair of black trousers up for auction at Christie’s in 2002.

At the Circuit Civil Court in Dublin today, Judge Matthew Deery ordered Miss Cashman to return the items to the band within seven days.

He said he preferred the evidence of Bono, who told the court last week that he had not given her permission to take the items.

He noted in particular Ms Cashman’s unlikely description of the final night of the Joshua Tree tour in Arizona in December 1987, when she said Bono had given her the stetson hat while running around backstage in his underpants.

“It seems to me that Ms Cashman’s version of events, the giving of the hat, is unlikely to have occurred,” he said.

Neither U2, who are playing in Poland tonight as part of their Vertigo tour, nor Ms Cashman were present in court for the judgment.

© Thomas Crosbie Media, 2005.
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=148357428&p=y48358y34

How sad they have to go to the Law Court for such a thing.
I mean, if she really took the items withour permission, it's right.

But I hate to know that someone who worked with U2 feels she has the right of doing whatever she likes...

This is not just because she worked with/for U2.
I think it's awful when a sort of collaboration, supposedly based on trust, end with events like this one...

Bono should sell the items to make money for Africa, i mean a man in his position should outright forgive and forget about a 20 year old hat and pair of slacks!

Last edited:
Im personally happy that he's getting his stuff back. And really would you sell something that is a big part of your personal history? Just because he's a celebrity doesn't mean he's not human like the rest of us. Pretty messed up that someone would steal from ANYONE like that to begin with. That's just completely wrong! :mad:

lady luck said:
How sad they have to go to the Law Court for such a thing.
I mean, if she really took the items withour permission, it's right.

But I hate to know that someone who worked with U2 feels she has the right of doing whatever she likes...

This is not just because she worked with/for U2.
I think it's awful when a sort of collaboration, supposedly based on trust, end with events like this one...

There are a lot of people in the world sadl;y who think that they are entitled to many things.

Back
Top Bottom