(07-03-2006) Rumor: Pearl Jam and Kings of Leon for Hawaii -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Rumor: Pearl Jam and Kings of Leon for Hawaii

The new issue of Rolling Stone magazine has the following not-so-blind item about postponed Hawaiian tour in its "Smoking Section":

You didn't hear it from us, but book a trip ASAP for the Aloha State in early December for a year-end blowout featuring KOL [Kings of Leon], Pearl Jam and (most likely) a Certain Band from Ireland.

Very interesting. So does this mean Rocko & the Devils are out?

Stay tuned to Interference.com for updates.

That's very interesting, because Pearl Jam has these other tour dates for November:

7 Sydney, Australia Acer Arena
8 Sydney, Australia Acer Arena
10 Brisbane, Australia Entertainment Center
11 Brisbane, Australia Entertainment Center
13 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena
14 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena
16 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena
21 Adelaide, Australia Entertainment Center
22 Adelaide, Australia Entertainment Center
25 Perth, Australia Subiaco Oval

I don't see how they could combine these ones though.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like KOL/PJ and U2 will be doing separate shows the same week rather than all in one big show, but who knows?

westendgirl said:
PJ + U2 = :rockon:

KOL = :yuck:

ME in HI = :dancing:

:giggle: I feel the same way! I had to endure KOL (ugh!), Marley and Kanye as openers for the 6 U2 shows I saw this tour. I am looking forward to Rocko opening in Hawaii and will keep good positive thoughts. I don't think U2, PJ and KOL all in one show. No way. :no:

ntalwar said:
That's very interesting, because Pearl Jam has these other tour dates for November:

These shows are already set for smaller arenas. While I wouldn't expect U2 to join these shows, I would expect a few "special guest" appearances here and there. The article mentions Hawaii and when PJ leave Oz they gotta fly past Hawaii anyway!

westendgirl said:
The article mentions Hawaii and when PJ leave Oz they gotta fly past Hawaii anyway!

Right - the PJ December date sounds more definite then the U2 one. I'm wondering about the November dates because some people here have mentioned that a lot of U2's crew is working another tour or something like that. Scheduling dates near each other could allow the two bands to share some crew members if necessary. Just a theory though.

Rochelle D said:
im starting to wonder who is the Sydney support acts, but before thats thought about we need our dates
Opening for U2? Isn't it Kanye again? I thought Kanye had reconfirmed that he would open for U2 whenever they rescheduled. Not really sure though.

I believe that KOL are opening for PJ in Oz.

ntalwar said:

a simple glance at the back of pearl jam's tour program gives away a bit of a hint...

ProgramBack.jpg

Pearl Jam is one of the most over rated bands of all time, they have put out some real stinker albums lately.

westendgirl said:
Opening for U2? Isn't it Kanye again? I thought Kanye had reconfirmed that he would open for U2 whenever they rescheduled. Not really sure though.

i havent heard that but i do remeber some band from sydney was gonna be their opening acts but i don't remeber the bands name, i just hope its not crap opening acts

Yahweh said:
Pearl Jam is one of the most over rated bands of all time, they have put out some real stinker albums lately.

right. and one of the worst live acts too i suppose :rolleyes:

havent produced anything decent since viatolgy. yada yada yada...

if you opened your ears and your mind, you will be pleasantly surprised. ;)

Back
Top Bottom